cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pullright or Hijacker AutoSlide?

labren
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering if there are some of you that might have experience with the Pullright" and the "Highjacker (Demco) Autoslide hitches?

I have a 6.4 box in a 2014 Ram 3500 and I am looking at these and trying to find which one if either has any preferences?

I also looked at the Reese Sidewinder (revolution), but by the time I purchased the rotating turret and the hitch it was almost the same price and the sliders might be the better option?

The 5th wheel is a 30.2 Ft Cougar.
Thanks for your ideas!
2014 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Laramie CC SB 4x4
2015 Keystone Cougar 279RKSWE
18 REPLIES 18

3ares
Explorer
Explorer
pyoung47 wrote:
Make sure the handle clears articles in the front. You can test it before hitching.

The hitch also slides to each side.

Happy camping.
2016 F250 Super Duty 4x2 Crew Cab XLT
6.7 Power Stroke
6 Speed Transmission
3.31 Electronic Locking Axle
Pullrite 16K Super Glide Hitch
2012 Sundance 275 RE XLT Fithwheel

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure the handle clears articles in the front. You can test it before hitching.

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer
Hitch only slides back. So any space in front is fair game.
2008 Dodge Dually Mega Cab - Resitol Edition
1999 Jayco Designer 3710

3ares
Explorer
Explorer
That is quite a testimony about the robustness of this hitch...if the force was great enough to crack the capture plate but the hitch held on to the kingpin...can't ask for anything more.

Question for the group....can you use any part of the bed while towing...ie..some firewood in front of the hitch or is it best to leave the bed empty with all the articulation going on?

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Just slide the hitch ,limit to limit, the rest of the bed space is okay to use.Remember to maintain clearance between cargo and trailer. I have used this space for bikes, firewood, and junk that DW finds during our trips.
6.7 Power Stroke
6 Speed Transmission

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
3ares wrote:
I have used a Pullrite 18K for nine years. (The only experience I've had with a slider).I feel it is the best way for me to go. I use a hoist to remove and re-install the hitch. I was pulling a Wildcat 30'fifth wheel coming out of Leadville, Co. in 2012 when a pickup ran us off the road. After jackknifing left and right I was able to actuate the manual brake ride on the brake controller and bring us to a straight stop. The only damage to the hitch was the fifth wheel plate cracked but the trailer did not unhitch. That was quite a ride, I feel the hitch did it's job.

That is quite a testimony about the robustness of this hitch...if the force was great enough to crack the capture plate but the hitch held on to the kingpin...can't ask for anything more.

Question for the group....can you use any part of the bed while towing...ie..some firewood in front of the hitch or is it best to leave the bed empty with all the articulation going on?

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

3ares
Explorer
Explorer
I have used a Pullrite 18K for nine years. (The only experience I've had with a slider).I feel it is the best way for me to go. I use a hoist to remove and re-install the hitch. I was pulling a Wildcat 30'fifth wheel coming out of Leadville, Co. in 2012 when a pickup ran us off the road. After jackknifing left and right I was able to actuate the manual brake ride on the brake controller and bring us to a straight stop. The only damage to the hitch was the fifth wheel plate cracked but the trailer did not unhitch. That was quite a ride, I feel the hitch did it's job.
6.7 Power Stroke
6 Speed Transmission

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to update that I have now used my Pullrite now for the summer and it is much nicer to pull with then the Highjaker was. No weird banging and clunking going around the corners, very smooth. I would for sure get the Pullrite over the Highjacker. But I still don't like needing to have a capture plate.
1999 Jayco Designer 3710

labren
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you...all this helps sort out the many questions!
2014 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Laramie CC SB 4x4
2015 Keystone Cougar 279RKSWE

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Highjacker in my 08 Dodge. All in all it was a great hitch and I liked it except for one thing. When pulling out of a corner you would get some slack in the hitch that would cause a big bang and jerk. The cause is in how the Highjaker slides back, it transitions from a side bar to a gear system, it is transferring from slide bar to gear that causes the issue.

I just got a Pullrite 18K but I have not pulled with it yet, it is lighter then the Highjacker to move around though. I prefer the slide bar lock on the Highjacker. Also hate that you have to use a capture plate on the Pullrite, don't know why they don't build it into the head like the Highjacker. Will be a couple weeks before I can say how the Pullrite pulls.
1999 Jayco Designer 3710

rgwilliams69
Explorer
Explorer
I had Mor Ryde with my Superglide. The Mor Ryde was already on the 5th wheel when I purchased it, but that in combination with the ISR Superglide was a very strong and stable combination. I really liked the ride and feel of it when towing.

One other thing I had on that truck was the Ride-Rite airbags as well. With all three (Superglide, Mor Ryde, Ride-Rite) it was a dang good setup. I would certainly recommend it. This was all on a F350 SRW pulling a Keystone Alpine 40ft 5th wheel.

Cheers,

Greg
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH (Sunlit Sand)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (Black) Toad
Demco Base Plate & Commander Tow Bars

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Crcr, I did not have the Morryde Pinbox befor the Superglide. Had thought about it a lot but did it at the same time as the Superglide. That being said, I have felt a few times what I believe to be the flex of the Morryde. I credit the combination of the two to reducing the amount of chucking I used to have.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Old Duck wrote:
I'm starting my second year on my Superglide, have no experience with the Demco. I absolutely love it and have no regrets. I watched Craigslist for many many months to replace my old Husky slider and found one 20 miles away that had never been installed. The savings meant I could have a Morryde pin box installed on the trailer at the same time.

I'm curious about the Mor Ryde pin box. Did you tow with the Pullrite before you put the Mor Ryde on? If so, how much and in what way did the Mor Ryde reduce the action of the 5th wheel on the truck? Thanks for any info!

jims1
Explorer
Explorer
I used a SuperGlide for 3 years, 2 years fulltiming.
Volvo dually Pickup
DRV Memphis
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I'm starting my second year on my Superglide, have no experience with the Demco. I absolutely love it and have no regrets. I watched Craigslist for many many months to replace my old Husky slider and found one 20 miles away that had never been installed. The savings meant I could have a Morryde pin box installed on the trailer at the same time.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB