cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommend a Propane Regulator

Dave_Pete
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm looking for a quality propane regulator on a two tank system. I'd like: two-stage, vertical mount with the mounting bracket, non-Chinese (like Camco), made in USA or some other higher quality (I don't want to just assume USA is quality).

I don't mind manual switching, but auto switching would be nice. Marshall sounds good with a bigger dial indicator and a service tap.

What do you think?
5 REPLIES 5

Dave_Pete
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Ron.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Dave Pete wrote:
Most Amazon reviews for the MEGR-253 are good but a few bad. The very similar MEGR-9984 has more bad reviews than the 253. Some are good.

But this one Cavagna has all good reviews, and with my Amazon Prime offers greater savings over suggested retail price, as well as a lesser cost that the MEGR-253, either through PPL RV or Amazon.

Hmmmm, made in Italy? Want USA when possible but I wonder now on Marshall after some reviews.

Never heard of Cavagna before, but that's what came with our new Forest River trailer 2 years ago. Seems to work fine.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Dave_Pete
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most Amazon reviews for the MEGR-253 are good but a few bad. The very similar MEGR-9984 has more bad reviews than the 253. Some are good.

But this one Cavagna has all good reviews, and with my Amazon Prime offers greater savings over suggested retail price, as well as a lesser cost that the MEGR-253, either through PPL RV or Amazon.

Hmmmm, made in Italy? Want USA when possible but I wonder now on Marshall after some reviews.

Dave_Pete
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you. I was leaning toward that one and appreciate the validation. ๐Ÿ™‚

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Marshall Brass regulator untill a couple of years ago when it became unreliable. (it went from 11 inchec WC to 8 inches) Marshall Brass went out of business and the regulator was no longer available. I replaced it with a Camco that froze up once and whistled a lot. You could not see the red window with the plastic tank cover in place. I recently found out that Marshall Excelsior now makes an exact duplicate with an added test port to measure pressure. I bought and installed it last month and am pleased with it. I can now see the red window from the flip open cover on my tanks. Here is where I bought mine: MEGR-253
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club