cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reese goose box

Nancy_v
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone tried the reese goose box to tow a fifth wheel with a goose ball hitch? Our tow vehicle still needs to pull our horse trailer and now we have a 5th wheel. Tried convert a ball but don't like the ride
5 REPLIES 5

my_2013_cruiser
Explorer
Explorer
I pull my 2013 Cruiser Patriot with my 2000 F-350 Diesel Dually Crew Cab equipped with a Draw Tite Remov-a-ball gooseneck using. Like you, I haul horses using a gooseneck trailer and didn't want to switch to a conventional king-pin hitch for my 5th wheel so I had a Reese Goosebox installed on my Cruiser.

I've pulled my 5th wheel over 5,000 miles since June with great success. In my opinion, the Reese Goosebox provides everything I need without any so called "chucking." Add that to a clean pickup bed and what's not to like.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Interesting. That is not your typical gooseneck adapter, AND it's approved by the trailer frame manufacturer.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
If you search, you'll find a couple of threads on this subject. I'm a fan of the Goose Box and have it on my camper.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

hawkhill
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Reese Goose to pull our horse trailer. It works fine. To use the Goose, you should put an additional bolt in the middle of your each of your rails as the pressure applied by the Goose on the rails is different than your fifth wheel hitch. We got hooks that bolt into our rails to handle the safety chains. Not as nice as a B&W, but since we already had rails and a Reese fifth wheel hitch it made sense.
2015 RAM 3500 dually Deep Cherry Red Crystal 6.7 Cummins Aisin 6-Speed
2008 Carriage Cameo F35SB
Jeff "Loving DH"
Smokey & Purrshing, Our Ragdolls
Gordie, Springer Spaniel
True Blue, Aussie

hammer21661
Explorer
Explorer
you could put a fifth wheel adaptor in the horse trailer and use the fifth wheel hitch for both. Go to Ebay look up the Gatormade trailer store.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab long bed 4x4 diesel Lariamie 1-2018
2013 fuzion 322.8/25/2012
2000 Yellow Lab mix Dog, Earl,The One who gave me Unconditional Love picked up 9-12 or 13, 2001 till 2-7-2014 may he r.i.p.