Thanks
Dennis
5 REPLIES 5

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
{tpc} wrote:
Snip...
I have a pro series with the round bars. Started off with one friction sway, now I have 2 of them. It works pretty well, but I'd like to to be better. I wish I would have just started with a reese dual cam instead or a blue ox. But now thats going to cost me quite a bit, even if I can sell my current one to offset some of the cost.

If you are using two friction bars now, then I suspect you will notice little, if any, improvement with the Dual Cam or Blue Ox to make it worth the addtional cost at this time.

I agree that starting with one of those two would have been better but since you already have spent the money to have two friction bars installed and they are working well for you, I would leave them alone.
I would save my money for fuel unless you are dissatisfied with the friction bars for other reasons.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

_tpc_
Explorer
Explorer
Another suggestion to offer is go for the best one you can afford to get. Nothing sucks more than you drop $500 now, when you "could" spend $800 on something better but you want to save a few dollars only to find out you really wish you spent the $800.

Unless you have a really top end unit, your not going to get your full money back on a used wdh or even close to it.

That said, you have a fairly short moderately weighing trailer, the reese pro series may be exactly what you need.

I have a pro series with the round bars. Started off with one friction sway, now I have 2 of them. It works pretty well, but I'd like to to be better. I wish I would have just started with a reese dual cam instead or a blue ox. But now thats going to cost me quite a bit, even if I can sell my current one to offset some of the cost.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
The latter
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
The heavier 750lbs one for sure. A 400lbs dry tongue weight will easily exceed 550lbs once propane and battery are added and the tt is loaded.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Thsldo
Explorer
Explorer
Go by your campers GVW.
Tom & Steph and 4 munchkins
2011 Dodge Durango 5.7