cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserve America

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
There is a state campground near me and every time I try to make a reserve america reservation at this park RA says all the sites are booked for the day I want to go there but when I just drive there I find the park virtually empty. The Ranger told me they have trouble with RA doing this. When he tries to look up a site it tells him the same thing. Is there something wrong with the way RA reserves sites??
34 REPLIES 34

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
John that is so true....we were in Ca. one year and on Sunday afternoon and pulled up to a beach front campground that did not have a single camper in it. The ranger told me that all the camp sites were reserved for the weekend but no one showed up. He stated they were unable to rerent the site even tho they knew no one was going to show up....

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
This is typical in mny state parks since Reserve America took over. Doesn't make any difference, RA still gets the reservation fees, and the reservation numbers look good. Too many people reserve every weekend they can, then either cancel at the last minute or just don't show up. Meanwhile, the park and Campground lose most of their money, on sites that have to be maintained, but are never used. Without having to pay for confirmatirmed sites like most hotels do, Campgrounds should be able to open site for walk-ins soon after a checkin-by time. Paying comfirmation for the entire reservation in advance would stop a lot of the abuse.
But, all of this is being done for the public good by paid politicians, sy folks like us have no say-so in the matter.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Get specifics and call RA. See what their take is. They should be able to tell you if indeed spots are taken or there is a software glitch. This is what they get paid to do. Let us know
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
No the next month some times 2 months away....

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Could it be that you are trying to reserve a spot not within the window of reserving? Some places require up to 4 days away minimum.