cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route 66

Buster52
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning a trip down that will take along the old route 66. I plan on starting at Las Vegas and head east from there. But what is just along the way to see. I know there is two big holes in the ground (The Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater). What sight that one can spend a day or two to see. Something not to far off the path. The end of my trip will take me to the south central part of Kentucky the town of Russelville. My Fathers place of birth. I have family back there I have never met. Any help to make it a good trip.
31 REPLIES 31

MdKamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thousand Trails monthly publication just did an extensive article in this month's magazine that you may want to track down a copy of. Gave ALOT of points of interest by every state along Route 66.
Andy, Jill and the kids
2004 Wildcat 28bh
2005 F350 XLT Crew Cab 4x4 DRW PSD Longbed
Honda EU2000i Generator
2003 Skeeter TZX190
Thousand Trails Member
Geocaching Member

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
There are books on Rt. 66, your library may have some that you can look at so you have an idea which one you might like to buy. Some of the states 66 goes thru have nice pamplets you can send for or print.
Each time we go west we check out some of the places on 66, some are very depressing and some are great.