cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ruptured pipe fitting

homedad
Explorer
Explorer
I finally brought the C home from winter storage. I got the batteries cleaned up and connected. For once everything seemed to be functioning well, until I started the pump. I could hear water running but couldn't see it. I opened the silverware drawer and found my eating utensils drowning in pink water. What happened was that we have one of those water filter faucets in the galley sink. This thing had an irritating habit of leaking onto the counter even though we never used it. I removed the filter and just capped the line where it was connected to the filter. Apparently being a dead end, it didn't allow the rv antifreeze to go into that line. The plastic fitting elbow froze and ruptured to the point that there was a 1.5" hole in the elbow.

A similar thing happened several years ago with the water heater bypass. The antifreeze didn't get into the short pipe between the water heater and the bypass valve because I had drained the water heater and only winterized the syatem after the valve was turned to bypass. I learn from every incident. Hope this helps others.
1 REPLY 1

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I like to open the low water drains and crack open all the faucets after I put the pink stuff in. Leave room for expansion. I do make sure to get some in the traps and stool.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman