cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rust Marks on Patio Screening

Elizabeth24
Explorer
Explorer
Just put up our outdoor screen, material, not metal, and there appears to be rust stains where some of the folds were.

Anyone have a suggestion as to how to get these stains out without damaging the material. I tried dish soap but that didn't work.

It is in the sun so perhaps the stains will fade with time?
3 REPLIES 3

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Iron Out. Comes in liquid or powder, safe for fabrics, available at hardware stores, Wallyworld, etc.

Clicky
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Elizabeth 24, I assume you are still in the Tacna area. That "rust" you are talking about, don't know what it is, but I believe it is in the dust that blows around, material gets damp and that seems to be what we end up with. I don't understand why it eventually congregates at folds but here in the Foothills we have the same thing. Folks that let the sunshade on all year and the RV stays here, it seems to roll to the edges.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a link from the company that sells CLR which says that it's safe for fiberglass screens. Mix equal parts warm water and CLR. Apply with a sponge. Rinse thoroughly. I think I would test a small area first.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS