cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Caravan Wagon Masters Compensation

BajaDan
Explorer
Explorer
I understand most Wagon Masters leading RV Caravan Tours in Canada, US and Mexico are compensated with expenses paid, no actual compensation per se.

For those that may be interested, Baja Amigos RV Caravan Tours covers expenses plus compensation, very generous.

Just sharing,

Dan
6 REPLIES 6

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
There you are, folks........I deleted a fair number of posts here, I am leaving the above.

Closed to further comments. Please contact the OP for more information
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Now I understand why these Work Camper forums get closed so fast. Someone puts a post about a position or a potential position and next thing you know, they are getting blasted out of the water.

(Personally, I appreciate the OP's post ... like I said, I never would have thought of Wagon Master as work camping. It gives me something to think about and may help in my decision to full time a little sooner than wait another 8 years, especially if there is a position I would enjoy. I think this is something I would enjoy doing. But the time is just not right. In other words, the OP ignited a "spark" for me. It begins with a "spark" you know and then leads to a compulsive fire, and then the moth is pull in!)

Actually, my mind is racing right now.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
I think the post simply presented information within the parameters of the forum. If the post was a search for employees, or an item for sale it would have been an inappropriate post. This was an informational post...OK, Wagon Masters get paid. Cool. It is hard dirty work, and I would not want the job. Yes, I've been on WIT Caravans, and a couple of TRACK Mexico caravans. Fantastic. The Wagon Masters and Tail Gunners certainly earned anything they received, including the significant thank you tips from Trackers. Is this any different from posting that some work camp posts offer housing while others offer housing and meals, and others add a salary?
Not lying, not deception, not out of protocol.
JMHO, and Welcome to a new member of the forum.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I never thought of a "Wagon Master" position as "Work Camping", but after thinking about it, I guess it would be!

Sounds like something that would be a lot of fun ... but also a responsibility. I guess that's why they compensate.

I can't do it now, but this is something to consider when my turn for full timing rolls around!

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
I was on a Baja Amigos caravan (28 day to Baja) in February/March of this year. FIRST CLASS OPERATIONS!!!

And NO I am not affiliated with them in any way. Just a satisfied customer.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer

Dan & Lisa Goy, Guides

Baja Amigos RV Caravan Tours
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog