cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

PrivatePilot
Explorer
Explorer
Gadget Guy wrote:
I would not wish it on anyone

Many millions of Americans would be glad to have but a sliver of what many Canadians call our "Terrible" socialized healthcare system.

You can't have your cake and eat it too - if you want the American system of healthcare where wait times are less and there's 25 doctors meeting you at the door with all the latest and greatest multi-million dollar technology ready and waiting, be prepared to pay for your healthcare insurance (if you can afford it, much less be actually approved for it), and if you don't have it, be prepared to lose your entirely livelihood (house, savings, retirement nest-egg, etc) in order to pay for that surgery you never thought you'd need.

Be glad for what we have, be glad you don't ever have to worry about loosing everything you've ever worked for your entire life for a surgery you'll probably never expect or think you need, and stop criticizing things. Egad, Canadians who think our healthcare system is rotten really need to stop back and smell the coffee. It's not perfect, but it's certainly not the disaster that some make it look like, and it gets the job done.

Back on the topic of gas taxes in Canada, even if you take off ALL the tax on Gas in Canada our prices (on average) are still above that of the USA, so to the Americans here throwing the "But you have free healthcare!" argument out there, please step back and educate yourself on the realities that we simply pay more then you right out of the gate, all taxes aside.
30' Keystone Cougar 5'er, Triple Bunkhouse, SuperSlide.
Chevy 3500 1 Ton long box crew cab dually
6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4.11 Rears, LSD, Fresh rebuild spring 2012.
Dieselplace.com Staff Member

Our 2008 western adventure - to the coast and back!

Mark

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
The Weekenders wrote:
eltejano1 wrote:
Hi Joe and Mrs J:

Those fellows, with the DMax and CTD, are trying in their own way to make a statement - a kind of one man Boston Tea Party if you will. Rather than being ridiculed, they should be commended for at least making some small effort to offer resistance rather than just lying there and taking it! If we had a few million more like them, diesel would be $2/gal. Maybe the guys that should be ridiculed are the ones who gleefully pay exhorbitant prices and then make fun of those who try to resist - now that's just nuts :-):-0

Love and Prayers, Jack

Mr J here,

A one man Boston Tea Party is liking using a shot glass to put out a forest fire. JMO

--------Hopefully some will also get this message. -------

"If we had a few million more like them, diesel would be $2/gal. Maybe the guys that should be ridiculed, are the ones who gleefully pay exhorbitant prices."
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for giving me a place to vent!

One US oil company has gross sales of about $400 Billion per year.

They post a $30+ Billion profit, and the media, Congress and MANY here on RV Net blast them for gouging, being thieves or worse.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!!!

Go check McDonalds profit margin. Or the cigarette companies. How about beer companies?

A lousy 9% profit --give me a break.

The reason their PROFITS are up is because the volume is up. That is because of US. Their profit margin hasn't changed much --just the AMOUNT of fuel they have sold.

WE ARE THE PIGS --THE GAS PIGS!

I feel better now.
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Gadget Guy wrote:
To Trac209, I am also Canadian, please get your facts close to being write. Federal and Provincial fuel taxes goes into that big pot called General Revenue. Our feds spend less than 10% of what is collected in fuel taxes on our road system, the rest goes to pay for our so called "free" health care and all the rest of the government expenditures. Our so called "free" health care is the main reason that everything costs more in Canada than the US. Our health care is very expensive and very inefficient, I would not wish it on anyone, but this topic is supposed to be about fuel prices, so I apologize for getting off topic.
Right-on!:)

He doesn't want to believe a Texan that pays his own health insurance and care.:B:D

Complaining because of six-bucks a gallon diesel:H In exchange for free healthcare? That's a no-brainer.:B

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
AO_hitech wrote:
crudeman wrote:
Oh you can bet their costs have increased as well. Depending on the refiner...

I said the profits from OIL, not gas.

And I'm not sure what you are waiting on for the Bakersfield Shell Oil refinery.

Splitting hairs somewhat but I see what you are saying from above. They all are players some bigger than others, actually some companies started out just as basic refiners and now are big players in the market. Valero is one that comes to mind. Still cost are energy related know matter where they fall in at.

I understood back then that Shell was not found against any anti-trust laws etc. and they sold that refinery. Sounds like a business decision and as a shareholder I would think they would be held to the highest standards to return whats best for those shareholders.
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
AO_hitech wrote:
.....Big OIL is making record profits.
LMAO!:R
Your straw man of profits, don't explain oil company low margins......

Oil companies better be making record profits to overcome the drag of the U.S. Treasury's confiscatory corporate tax rate of 39%.

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
Skid Row Joe wrote:
Big Oil is making very low margins, versus their expended capital.

Find another boogie-man.......oil companies ain't it.:R

I've posted links to show it recently, Big OIL is making record profits. And that was BEFORE the recent large spike. This one will again show record profits. This is from OIL companies, NOT companies that ONLY refine oil into products.

Gadget_Guy1
Explorer
Explorer
To Trac209, I am also Canadian, please get your facts close to being write. Federal and Provincial fuel taxes goes into that big pot called General Revenue. Our feds spend less than 10% of what is collected in fuel taxes on our road system, the rest goes to pay for our so called "free" health care and all the rest of the government expenditures. Our so called "free" health care is the main reason that everything costs more in Canada than the US. Our health care is very expensive and very inefficient, I would not wish it on anyone, but this topic is supposed to be about fuel prices, so I apologize for getting off topic.

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
crudeman wrote:
Oh you can bet their costs have increased as well. Depending on the refiner...

I said the profits from OIL, not gas.

And I'm not sure what you are waiting on for the Bakersfield Shell Oil refinery. I never said there was any fine. They "folded" from the political pressure and sold instead of closing the refinery. Their internal documents clearly show that they intended to close the extremely profitable refinery to drive the prices up. I don't have links to those documents, however, I'm certain that if they did not say that congress would have prosecuted the person making the sworn testimony. They (congress) are like that when someone perjures themselves at one of their hearings. :W

Sea_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
I am older,72, than most here.
It is amusing to read those who say they cannot cut back.

Most people under fifty have no clue how things were a few short years ago.
My cousin, after school, got a job as secretary in a neighboring town.
She had to rent a room out of her thirty five dollar a week salary and only come home weekends, the reason, her parents thought it was too far and too expensive to drive her to work and back every day.

Oh yeah, did I tell you how far this job was from her home?

EIGHT MILES!!!

When the situation returns to that level, which it looks like it may, then we will see about cutting down..
Until then dropping an RV trip from a thousand miles to five hundred is not cutting down.
Life is short,Death is long,
Take a vacation.

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
AO_hitech wrote:
rshidler wrote:
Big Oil is a for-profit organization. They are not a charitable organization. Making 8%-10% profit is not unrealistic.

Big Oil is NOT making 8%-10% profit. The price of oil has doubled while their costs have not increased any significent amount. Remember, I'm not talking about the price of gas, but of oil. Big Oil is making a killing!

Oh you can bet their costs have increased as well. Depending on the refiner and the size etc of the refinery their energy costs goes right along with the spike in oil prices.

still waiting on that fine from the bakersfield refinery over the anit-trust law violations you mentioned earlier, or did I miss something?
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Big Oil is making very low margins, versus their expended capital.

Find another boogie-man.......oil companies ain't it.:R

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
rshidler wrote:
Big Oil is a for-profit organization. They are not a charitable organization. Making 8%-10% profit is not unrealistic.

Big Oil is NOT making 8%-10% profit. The price of oil has doubled while their costs have not increased any significent amount. Remember, I'm not talking about the price of gas, but of oil. Big Oil is making a killing!

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know of any "poor people" that have jobs and own RVs, drive multiple cars & trucks, ATVs, toys, boats, fuel 'em all up, and live in homes, have computers, cable-satellite TV, and don't go to bed hungry at night.:H

Maybe those poor people, are different than the ones I know of. There must be more than fuel prices, fueling that thought process......๐Ÿ˜„

trac209
Explorer
Explorer
trac209 wrote:
Skid Row Joe wrote:
trac209 wrote:
Skid Row Joe wrote:
trac209 wrote:
try paying the almost 6 bucks we pay in canada for a country that sells you oil for cheaper the we sell it to ourselves.
That's to pay for your almost free healthcare, we don't get it free in America.
that has nothing to do with health care sir
Socialized medicine's costs have everything to do with taxes paid at the pump and everywhere else in Canada, sir.

At $6.00 a gallon, you've got the bargain of a lifetime for free healthcare. Some people think everything is free.:D
what on earth are you talking about? our government is supposed to use the money from gas taxes for the roads not heath care. do you live in canada ? heath care comes from income tax not fuel. we have have had free heath care long before gas was 6.00 a gallon so where did the money come from then. please get your facts right please. in the same token i could cry and say pretty much everything we buy up in canada is more expensive for canadians then in the U.S . btw i'm not some people i'm canadian