cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
Camping Hoosiers wrote:
crudeman wrote:
eltejano1 wrote:
Dick was talking about the overall economic impact of this. Yesterday I ran into one of our church members at the gas station. He had just fueled-up his three dump trucks (the big 14 yard kind on 18 wheeler tractors) on his way to a job for the school district. He showed me the ticket - $2813 and change!!! Think about that - just the fuel for one day's work!

Jack

Did he show you the ticket on the other end of what he is charging for the job? there would be the bottom line I would believe!

Don't bet on it! Anyone running trucks right now is having a hard time adjusting price and fuel surcharge enough to stay in business. I am shelling out half a million per week for fuel and it hurts!

Jeff

Oh I understand, my point was it was showing one side of the facts. Someone gotta be passing down some of this increase or how they gonna stay in business.
Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

DanHouck
Explorer
Explorer
Perpetual, Mexico is currently chosing to subsidze fuel prices, that's why diesel is much cheaper here. Sooner or later they'll have to give it up, the country really can't afford it.
Dan & Ann D.
1998 Country Coach Allure 36'

One_Country_Boy
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel is $4.899 (per gal) at home here in Florida. I know it's higher in some places, lower in others. I still feel ripped off when I fill up.

Jim
Jim - Amateur Radio Call W4EWA
Priscilla - Navigator & Best Friend
Hank (Three year old black & tan Daschund)
Our WebSite
Combo RV'ers and Ham Radio Operators OpenRoadsRadio

Camping_Hoosier
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate post
2006 Jayco Eagle 314 BHDS
2001 Dodge QC - 5.9L Gas

Camping_Hoosier
Explorer
Explorer
crudeman wrote:
eltejano1 wrote:
Dick was talking about the overall economic impact of this. Yesterday I ran into one of our church members at the gas station. He had just fueled-up his three dump trucks (the big 14 yard kind on 18 wheeler tractors) on his way to a job for the school district. He showed me the ticket - $2813 and change!!! Think about that - just the fuel for one day's work!

Jack

Did he show you the ticket on the other end of what he is charging for the job? there would be the bottom line I would believe!

Don't bet on it! Anyone running trucks right now is having a hard time adjusting price and fuel surcharge enough to stay in business. I am shelling out half a million per week for fuel and it hurts!

Jeff
2006 Jayco Eagle 314 BHDS
2001 Dodge QC - 5.9L Gas

crudeman
Explorer
Explorer
eltejano1 wrote:

Jack

Steve & Pat
Hannah - Sophie

2006 HR Ambassador PDQ
2010 Silverado

eltejano1
Explorer
Explorer

Jack

eltejano1
Explorer
Explorer
Biker wrote:
I hate paying their price.
I feel like "they" are stealing from me.

Wow! You just hit the nail on the head! With a few words you just said what I have been trying to say with long paragraphs of needless verbiage.

That's my problem too and my wife can't understand it - she's like so many here on the forum. Her philosophy is: "As long as I have the money I'm gonna keep on truckin'"

For me, being ripped-off like that takes all the fun out of the trip. When I fuel-up and fork-over 150 bucks for 30 gal of $%#@ diesel oil, I feel like a damned fool - bending over and taking "their" screwing like a cowardly wimp!

Well said, Biker.

Jack

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
I hate paying their price.
I feel like "they" are stealing from me.
Prices are going up, but wages are not going up. Everything is going to be affected. In the long run; there will be less taxes paid by businesses because fuel is a "cost" to do the work. Less taxes paid equals less money for the government idiots to spend.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

ML
Explorer
Explorer
Self-Taught Mechanic Uses Off-the-Shelf Technology; Automakers Pay Attention

"It isn't cheap. A typical conversion costs about $35,000, allowing automakers to dismiss Goodwin as an experimenter who is only serving a narrow segment of wealthy car enthusiasts. In response, he offers a couple of lower-cost options, including a fuel vaporizer for $1,000 that he says boosts fuel economy by 30 percent, and a $500 software download that reprograms diesel engines to get up to an additional seven miles per gallon. His work has many wondering why the big automakers can't simply reconfigure their assembly lines to make their own cars run as efficiently as Goodwin does".
ML

Perpetual_Vacat
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what's really ticked me off... Diesel is now $5.199 four miles away in Oakdale, CA. The same quality diesel is $2.32 across the border in Los Algodones, Mexico across from Yuma. Huh? Why are we getting "ye olde shafte"?

slowlane
Explorer
Explorer
Well, today the gasbags on Capitol Hill are considering a windfall profits tax on the oil companies, another circus stunt for the benefit of fools that can accomplish absolutely nothing except drive prices still higher, increase our dependence on foreign oil, and, oh yes, give the politicians more cash to waste on boondoggles.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain
07 Rev 40E
Happily and guiltlessly maximizing my carbon footprint

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
We have been on the road for the past three weeks traveling from Spokane to Elkhart. We have yet to observe a full campground and most were only maybe twenty-percent full.

This oil price thing is going to have some dire effects on our economy in coming months. The housing, RV, and auto industries are in the dumpster along with others in some state of trouble.

I have noticed hundreds of thousands of acres of crop land under water and crops are either flooded or not yet planted. This will further raise already high food prices soon and hurt many farmers.

The stock market is just standing still, most folks are not making large purchases, and most investments are looking somewhat risky.

I think $4.00 fuel is about the highest price consumers will tolerate. I somewhat wonder if that Texas fire was not a message to government and a sign of things to come.

All across the country I have visited with other middle class RV'ers and most are fed-up and angry with the status quo.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

winkyb
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from one of the nicest State Parks in Florida.Silver River. But it was only about half full.The weekends are mostly full but local people like us about a 85 mile drive.I noticed Sunday not many RV`s on the road and unusual for the road and time we were there.I fulled up Sunday at 389.9 same station yesterday 395.9 but one up the road went from 395.9 down to 389.9.Over here close to home 85 miles around 404.9 to 409.9.Some as high as 424.9 next to
I-95.As for us we are retired and not getting any younger so will go as long as we can.Not as far as we would like.More or less any trip around 300 miles we will stay a week and over that at least two weeks.I don`t see us going much over 600 miles at the rate things are going.We were thinking about a all most 7000 mile round trip but put it on hold.And took one that in all was about 1600 miles.We are still having fun but just not putting on near as many miles as we were going to.

eltejano1
Explorer
Explorer
Nice post, Country Boy. Thanks for the input. We were lucky. We retired five years ago and were able to see most of this country and Mexico with $1.50/gal diesel.

To be honest about it - if we hadn't "been there and done that" I too might be willing to fork-over the extra bucks to travel some, even at these prices.

Years of dreaming and planning don't die easily. My wife didn't want to quit travelling. She was willing to spend the whole nest egg on fuel and let the kids earn their own retirement and the govt pay for the rest home. I had to put my foot down and spent a few nights in the recliner as a result - but that doesn't bother me much anymore, if you catch my drift. :-).

Jack