cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
Dick A wrote:
This thread is for discussion of conventional fuel issues; not wind power, solar power, hydrogen, or electric cars. Please keep comments on topic or the delete key will again come into play.

OK, that's fair. As long as a guy KNOWS what the rules are and they are applied fairly.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
Shale oil is being drilled (not mined) and sold profitably at $60/bbl and It cost the same to refine as it come out of the ground as liquid crude oil. The notion that it increases the price of fuel by $2/gallon or $88/ barrel is ridiculous. Like to see your info on those. Environmentalist have a lot of money and are huge contributors to political campaigns. They just out bid the unions on the XL today.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayRichards wrote:
What kind of windmill would be required to run 2 13,000 watt AC's around the clock here in Florida in the summer?

Let me guess - A Really Big One?

I'm reminded of that huge windmill farm we passed just SW of Holbrook, AZ, this month? Not one blade was moving, but all units were running up costs while idle. Again, if it worked, the government wouldn't have to force them on the utilities, which, God forbid, are mostly for-profit companies.

If the government would quit subsidizing its ideas of "good" fuels, maybe private companies could afford to research and develop some things that actually work*.

*work = affordable and profitable.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
This thread is for discussion of conventional fuel issues; not wind power, solar power, hydrogen, or electric cars. Please keep comments on topic or the delete key will again come into play.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of windmill would be required to run 2 13,000 watt AC's around the clock here in Florida in the summer? What fraction of one percent does wind power supply in the US even with huge subsidies?

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, wind power is increasing steadily in the UK. They produce about 6gw already. Look it up with google "UK wind power", or go direct:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=storms-produce-record-uk-wind

LONDON (Reuters) - British wind power production reached a record high just before the New Year as storms hit the British Isles and powered onshore and offshore wind turbines, beating the previous high by nearly 20 percent, generation data showed on Friday.

Wind farms produced a record 12.2 percent of UK energy demand on December 28, statistics provided by green energy association RenewableUK showed, displacing the previous record of 10 percent.

"Wind energy represents a new paradigm in electricity generation, allowing us to harness the power of the weather when it's available, cutting our fossil fuel bills and lowering our carbon emissions," said Gordon Edge, director of policy at RenewableUK.

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
Wind power is actually becoming more common. I know guys who live in their RVs and replenish their batteries with a $600 mailorder wind generator on top (they erect it by tightening a guy wire); you just need a different kind of controller that prevents runaway and that dumps excess power (like into a heating coil in the water heater). Also, if you watch "Globetrekkers" on PBS (an excellent travel program!) there's an episode where a trekker visits a guy in Netherlands who bought an electric wind generator for a few thou and earns a nice middleclass living selling the power, and it's a very popular business.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
The 250K number was well documented and can be found the internet. Electric cars make up less than 2% of passenger vehicles sold in the US and dropping. The Volt has been a huge failure at taxpayer expense. We are now up to 11 solar electric start up companies going bankrupt. Some of these "green" loans were made just prior to the bankruptcies. We are building 2 mega solar plans in FL that stand no chance of even approaching breaking even and will be drain on the taxpayers and ratepayers forever. The inside backers and contribution makes will be the only folks seeing any profit.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
cekkk wrote:
I'm for electric cars. I want one of those $250,000 government Chevys that'll get me to town and halfway back - if it's not cold outside! And I don't want no more dirty power plants belching a healthy economy out it's stacks, either. No new generation? No problem! I'll just plug it into that magic socket in the wall. I never go near a power plant 'cause that wall has all the electricity I need.

A silly response to silly agendas.

Funny............ The 250k number was Fox generated and goes down with each car sold. But there again is the rub as the foriegn cars are fast becoming more electric so what does that due to the number?

All I want is diesel at 3 bucks and I'll be happy, real happy.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
I'm for electric cars. I want one of those $250,000 government Chevys that'll get me to town and halfway back - if it's not cold outside! And I don't want no more dirty power plants belching a healthy economy out it's stacks, either. No new generation? No problem! I'll just plug it into that magic socket in the wall. I never go near a power plant 'cause that wall has all the electricity I need.

A silly response to silly agendas.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
Wind is working everywhere.

Wind is failing everywhere and can not be viable even with huge taxpayer subsidies. The UK is giving up on it. It is joke. If you like it, please point out the units you have on your home. We have over a trillion bbls of shale oil in the US which is a 200 year supply. We are prevented from using it by the treehuggers through the contributions given to politicians.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
doublenot7 wrote:
Hydrogen should be the only alternative energy we should be pursuing.

Why? Many car companies have gone electric. Wind is working everywhere.
We must be as open minded as possible for every mile we drive without oil is a plus and every Kw we generate without coal is a plus.

The Henry ford museum is opening a new section on cars and they show some unique ones. Back then they didn't know what would work best gas,electric or steam!
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
Irover wrote:
You ain't seen nothing yet! I will beat them when I build my TT to tow behind my moped. HA! HA! Don't Laugh I seen one in Germany back in the 1970's. Looked Kind of like a Coffin made for two! Irover

Actually, there are many such rigs for large motorcycles like Harleys. I had a chance to examine one a couple years ago when it rolled into a local park. The 'coffin' was a very comfy sleeping area for two, with lights, etc., and pullout bug screens and canopy. In the rear was an open-up kitchen. A middle-aged couple drove in and stayed two nights, setting the system up in a few minutes, and when they left it only took a few minutes to strike camp and hit the road.

I believe that the TT was made in Chicago. It was well-made and well thought out.

doublenot7
Explorer
Explorer
Hydrogen should be the only alternative energy we should be pursuing.

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
You ain't seen nothing yet! I will beat them when I build my TT to tow behind my moped. HA! HA! Don't Laugh I seen one in Germany back in the 1970's. Looked Kind of like a Coffin made for two! Irover