cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Quality

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
It seems like every new RV we look at at the dealers has stuff wrong with it. Cabinet doors falling off, lights hanging loose, lights not working, toilet seats loose. How do they expect to sell it to you when it's falling apart before you even use it one night?
33 REPLIES 33

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
If the fix is simple, I might or might not mention it to the dealer, but do it myself. If it's an appliance or something else major not working, that's different. We bought a brand new class A and it had a couple of small fit/finish issues that were easy to fix with a couple of wood screws and a power drill. Never bothered to mention them because the fixes were easy and it wasn't worth the time and inconvenience involved to let them do the repairs. We live 60 miles away from our nearest dealer.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed that at the Hershey RV show a couple years ago. I was surprised the dealers/manufacturers would display new units with all the obvious flaws and quality issues.

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
Bought our rig a little over two years ago. Bought off dealer lot. Had about 5 things to be fixed or cleaned up. Also asked for a couple of extras to be added. All done by the dealer. Within first 6 months had two minor warranty issues that came up and again fixed with no problems by dealer.

Trouble free for past two years and enjoy the heck out of it. Well except for that one operator error but I don't see any reason to go into that here.... :S :B
Fortunately quite minor.

Good Luck
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
If I was a dealer I would make sure a new RV was in as perfect shape as possible before showing it to potential buyers. However, not all dealers can afford to repair issues prior to selling an RV. So they will promise to fix the items prior to delivery to you.

Additionally, many of the RVs at dealers have been demo units at the dealer as well as at nearby RV shows so it is possible the unit just came back and they haven't had time to repair damage from hundreds of looky-loos at an RV show.

Our 5th wheel came directly from the factory to the dealer where we picked it up. There were a total of 12 quality issues we discovered on our first trip in the RV. They were all taken care of and we've been very happy with our 5th wheel for over 22 years.