Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Service traveler Brake system

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
Okay I need some help here I hope I can explain this the proper way here I go
I just bought a 2009 GMC with an integrated Brake controller and I'm getting this message on my dashboard that says Service traveler Brake system and I don't know what it means I'm hoping someone here has seen this and can explain to me any help would be much appreciated
6 REPLIES 6

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
I want to think everyone for their help lots of knowledge here I have an appointment on Wednesday at the GM dealer I need to get this looked after I am leaving on 8 December for Texas and I do not want any problems once again thank you all

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
I strongly recommend that you take your truck to a dealer, where they can plug in their computer and determine where the fault lies.
Long-distance diagnosis is very difficult at best, and you will probably not find your answer on any internet forum. There are simply too many possible gremlins in any electronic system; even people who have had the identical problem may not have an answer that applies to YOUR specific truck!
good luck.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
I need to find out what this means we are getting ready to leave here in Ontario to head to Texas on 8 December

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
GOOGLE SEARCH took me to this forum discussion of the same problem..

Maybe it will be of some help for you...

SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE MESSAGE

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
just with the truck

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like your trailer brakes system is getting a fault. Are you connected or is this just with the truck