cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tank Oder

jorge3000
Explorer
Explorer
I need some advice. We purchased a new travel trailer in Dec 2016. We bought this trailer to live in as our home is being remodeled. We are using the black and grey tanks in the trailer. After about 2 months of living in the trailer, we have noticed a smell coming from the bathroom area, especially when flushing the toilet. I have been treating the tanks in the new camper just as I did in our old camper and I never noticed a smell in the old one. I have told my family that they are allowed to use the toilet in the trailer for #1 (small business) but that they needed to go in the house for #2 (big business).

Anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong? The tanks are not full. I have dumped the black and grey tanks once, and I used the grey to flush as usual. I read about a cyclone vent that you place on top of the camper exhaust pipe, but I am wondering if it is something simple that I am overlooking. Thank you for any advice.
15 REPLIES 15

firemedic08
Explorer
Explorer
Get out the Popcorn. Here comes the age old fight over Chemicals Versus water........ lol

On a serious note though, If the camper you purchased has a clogged, or broken Vent pipe, it is possible that is you issue. I had that (Clogged) in an older trailer once and had a friend buy a new one that had the Vent pipe separate because it wasn't glued together at the joint.

Those are just 2 things I would start with if it were me. Simple to check for. Of course it could be a whole Gambit of other things, and not even related to my suggestions. lol

(and for the Record I use Chemicals AND a TON of water so I don't have an opinion on that) ๐Ÿ™‚
Donnie
1994 Chevy 2500 Extended cab
1987 28 ft travel villa 5th wheel.