cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thank you to my mother

stfnwuf
Explorer
Explorer
My mother passed away suddenly last week. The reason I post this is that she was the one who introduced my dad to camping by way of buying a Coleman Tent Trailer in 1967. Over the years my parents always had an RV. They had to give it up in 1999 when my dad's health didn't allow too much travel.

In going through some of her paperwork, I found notes about buying a Volkswagen Camper Van. It made me smile to see those notes as I know she was trying to find a way to hit the road on her own. She really loved the RV lifestyle.

Thanks to my mom for planting the "RV Seed". You will be missed. Hopefully she and my dad are RV'ing in heaven.
2016 Reflection 337RLS
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Food source for one very ornery cat
17 REPLIES 17

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Amen
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm truly sorry for your loss. My mother passed away almost 23 years ago and left me an adventurous spirit. I'm happy to see you find comfort in her words. With Mother's Day fast approaching may we all remember those who paved the way for us to find our "open road" be it by example or by encouragement.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Awww, what a nice tribute. I hope some day my kids can remember me taking them camping when they were only weeks old.

I can fondly remember my parents taking me.. about the earliest I can think is I was about 7. It was significant because I had saved and bought my first camera, and I still have the photo I took of our /57 Ford Wagon and the tent set up in the campsite.

Treasure the memories, and thanks for reminding us of our roots.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel