cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thermos/Charbroil Grill 2 Go regulator

JamesBr
Explorer
Explorer
This weekend while camping the regulator for my Grill 2 Go advantage went belly up. It turns out that Charbroil decided it no longer supports the 4 model lines that carry this regulator since they removed them from production 2 years ago.

I have no intent to replace the grill as I liked having a portable open flame grill. But I would like to replace the regulator so I can continue to connect it to my RV and grill as I have in the past.

Does anyone have an idea of where I can start my searches for possible replacement regulators? I have no issue with swapping over the quick disconnect hose and its in great condition, it is only the regulator itself that has failed.
2006 Ford F350 6.0
2014 Primetime Sanibel 3600
Enough other vehicles to not bother listing.

Previous RV: 2001 Monaco Knight
2 REPLIES 2

JamesBr
Explorer
Explorer
I wish it where that easy, but the regulator is just completely failed it seems to be venting it non stop no matter if I connect to a 1# bottle or the RV.
2006 Ford F350 6.0
2014 Primetime Sanibel 3600
Enough other vehicles to not bother listing.

Previous RV: 2001 Monaco Knight

TxTiger
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen replacement regulators at Lowes and Home Depot. In addition to the ends needing to be compatable, the regulator needs to be the correct size for the btu's of the device.

I found that when I had regulator problems, the problem solved itself by turning the propane tank valve on very slowly. For some reason when I just cranked it open the regulator didn't work. I got that suggestion from posts with similar issues.
2000 F250, 7.3 PSD, 6 speed manual, CC, SB
2013 Northstar TC800