RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Evading Nashville and Indianopolis

Taking a trip up 24 to 65 to 69 or return takes at least two hours through Nashville many times for a distance of ten miles or so.Indy can be near as bad or worse for 20 miles.My idea of RVing is not staying on the road touring their potholes for 4 h...

down_home by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Risk of Putting Slightly More Weight Back To Front Axle

Dialing in my equalizer 4 point and have a simple question... my truck with no trailer front axle weight is 3500 pounds on a scale with a full tank and loaded ready to go...I ran across the scales on our last trip and the steer axle was 3405 Pounds ...

four22 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Best propane tankless water heater? 2017

I'm not finding any consensus on the net on the best propane tankless water heater currently on the market, except that the Truma can't be purchased. Anyone with updated knowledge? I'm doing boon docking only and will be getting a pump too for my sy...

Svenn by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Proper care of RV decals . . . Is there such a thing?

Recently purchased a 5th wheel with most of the graphics replaced a year or so ago. Looks great but the rest of the surface needed a good waxing. Used Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine Wax. Hand rubbed the wax on over decals and all. Now I've heard t...

Shoes for RVing

During warm months I wear sandals helps tremendously with Neuropathy.But...after wearing just a few days or weeks I have to throw them away, sometimes. Sometimes I can clean them but leather and swede foot beds don't clean easy or well.When you walk ...

down_home by Explorer II
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

tow 2015 Silverado

Anyone flat tow a Silverado double cab with a 35 ft. workhorse chassis with 8.1 Vortac engine. the truck is towable. it is just on the weight limit.

dally1 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Reception

Stupid question, but does the antenna on the trailer work for radio also or just the TV? If just the TV, is there a signal booster you've used to pick up radio further out from towns?

buyer beware

Beware of buying anything from Walmart online. Walmart has been trying to compete w/ Amazon by offering great deals online. Many of these "deals" do not exist. I tried to order generator twice. Both times the generator never came. When I called ...

sarahm by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic 2652 stops cooling after 4 days

My friend has 2000 Class C RV with the original Dometic 2652 refrigerator. When he first turns it on, on either 120 or Propane it cools just fine, but after 4 to five days it stops cooling. The fridge is still getting power, and the gas is on, but wi...

Ro646a by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How long will refrigerator stay cold when in travel?

Doing a local trip about 6 hours one way. Want to bring some burgers, eggs and such and don't want to store an extra cooler. In the past for shorter trips, I just put on the fridge at my house coldest setting for a couple days, then pack it and go....

95jersey by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Converting from full size bed to two singles

I am thinking about converting our full size E.W. bed to two N. S.singles in our travel trailer.It would give more flexibility and better night time sleep.Has any one done this? I have seen new trailers with this lay out.The only problem I see is the...

Sway issues with TH

We are new owners of a Adrenaline TH,25QH tried maiden trip and had dangerous sway. Above 45mph got scary. Trailer loaded with 2 light bikes was at 8400#, (did not get tongue weight loaded). Bikes weigh 800# combined, larger was full forward over the...

Blue2026 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

New Camper? Well, kind of!

My wife makes getting Mother's Day gifts extremely easy on me. She just picks up whatever she wants, and says it's from me! I always get her the perfect gift that way! (hey, it works for us!).Well, this year for Mother's Day (I) got her this. I hav...

Top 10 things I've learned over past 3-4 years

Thought it would be interesting to jot down the top ten things I've learned over the past 3-4 years (not necesarily in order) as it relates to this forum, and RVing in general. Im sure many of you can add to this list.1) There is not much difference...

Walaby by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes