cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thetford Style Plus. Valve leak problem?

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
We are ready to upgrade our toilet and are leaning towards the Aqua Magic Style Plus.

Reviews are generally good with small number citing a leaking valve that would slowly fill/over fill the bowl.

Is this a known issue? If a known issue, has it been resolved? The reviews citing the issue weren't real current.

Thanks in advance for any on topic info/advice.
Jack and Nina
9 REPLIES 9

tntnardo
Explorer
Explorer
cpd520 wrote:
We are ready to upgrade our toilet and are leaning towards the Aqua Magic Style Plus.

Reviews are generally good with small number citing a leaking valve that would slowly fill/over fill the bowl.

Is this a known issue? If a known issue, has it been resolved? The reviews citing the issue weren't real current.

Thanks in advance for any on topic info/advice.

I have 2013 5th wheel with the aqua magic style plus, after one year I had the leaking valve problem you mentioned. I got a water valve kit from thetford & replaced the old one. That was last spring I know have the same problem, after doing much research on the internet I fould that this is a fairly common problem with the aqua style plus. Again after doing much research I am going to replace it with a thetford aqua magic V.

NW_Explorer
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Dometic 310 in our last 5th wheel. No issues in 4 years. Our current 5er has Thetford Aqua Magic toilets in it. One morning about a month ago I got up about 6:30am to use the loo in our 1/2 bath and found it overflowing onto our wood floor. I flushed it and got a 'burp.' I quickly pulled on some gym shorts, ran outside and pulled the black water valve for that tank. I was able to dry the floor and it was not damaged. Bottom line - I would, and may, buy Dometic 320 toilets.
2016 Mobile Suites 39DBRS3 King bed, bath & a half, Residential fridge, dishwasher, washer & dryer, Fiberglass Roof, MorRyde IS, disc brakes
2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CC 4X4 DRW Cummins 6.7L, Aisin trans, 4.10 gears Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection 2

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. The Style Plus is on he way.
Jack and Nina

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
Jack Spratt wrote:
Replaced my Thetford with a Dometic 310.

Which some may prefer because the Dometic 310 / 320 series have a ceramic bowl rather than plastic. ๐Ÿ™‚

In answer to your previous post and this one, the Style Plus has a ceramic bowl and uses a standard residential seat. The 'V' is plastic...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Jack Spratt wrote:

Which some may prefer because the Dometic 310 / 320 series have a ceramic bowl rather than plastic. ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
When the valve starts leaking, time to toss the unit.
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
cpd520 wrote:

I'm not sure of the difference between the Thetford Magic Style Plus and the Thetford AquaMagic V but I've had the latter in several trailers and never had any issues at all with any of them. It's probably the currently most commonly installed toilet in trailers these days so I'd be inclined to go with this proven model.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Patrick_griffin
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced our aqua plus after five years. The water valve started to leak so I bought a new one and installed it. However, the pedal snaps on and I couldn't get the pedal to stay snapped on so I ended up buying a new toilet. Camping World had them on sale. I bought the same toilet so I wouldn't have to change any water lines and the wife liked the toilet. It is an easy replacement.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been using our Style Plus since 2008 with no valve issues. The only part I've replaced since new was the flange gasket when I transferred the toilet from our previous coach to our current one. Yep, we like it that much... ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'll add though, that on every RV we've owned, I've installed shut off valves at the toilet and sinks. If there should be a problem, I can easily isolate the fixture from the rest of the system.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate