Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Timben SES

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
All,
I recently purchased a 2012 F-250 with the 6.2. After doing a short test tow with my 5'er and also hauling a pretty good load on my 20ft gooseneck trailer, it seems the rear suspension is a touch on the weak side compared to the 05 250 I came from. It's my understanding that Ford now uses a softer spring pack in the rear to try and improve the unloaded ride. There is also only about 7/8in difference between the front and the rear from level. Thats fine when im not towing, but the squat is a little more than I like when hooked up. Will the timbrens help much with this? The truck pulls outstanding! But, I'd like a little more support when loaded up. I don't want the complexity of air bags or the harsh ride with add a leafs. Any pertinent experience or recommendations would very much be appreciated.

Thanks!
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10โ€™s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!
20 REPLIES 20

Explorer II
Explorer II
goducks10 wrote:
mike-uswest wrote:
301TBS wrote:
My Timbrins are set with a 1" gap when empty. They came with a rubber disc than can be used to adjust the clearance. They make a huge difference in stability and are easy to install with no modification's.

The same for mine. In and done. Very pleased.

Mike

x2

X3

I have installed Timbrens on my last three trucks and am very pleased with them.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
mike-uswest wrote:
301TBS wrote:
My Timbrins are set with a 1" gap when empty. They came with a rubber disc than can be used to adjust the clearance. They make a huge difference in stability and are easy to install with no modification's.

Mike

x2

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
TORKLIFT may have your answer.

They call it Stableload.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
301TBS wrote:

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

301TBS
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Springdale 240BH
2009 F150 Scab 4x4, 4.6, 3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Timbrens don't engage the stops until the rear end has come down about two inches. You would probably, still have more squat than you like.

My 08 F250 has a factory plow prep package. It had a bit of a squat, even unloaded. I was browsing a Super Duty forum and saw where other folks had fixed that problem by replacing the rear spring blocks with a set for an F350.

F250 blocks are 2 inches tall. F350 blocks are 4 inches.

I did the swap. My rear end, went from being an inch low to an inch higher than the front. I also did the Timbrens, but, that was for increased stability for carrying a truck camper.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)