cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy hauler door hinge replacement.

Lyrikz
Explorer
Explorer
I dont know if this is the best place to post this but i need some help. I opened my toy hauler door to far and i bent a couple of the hinges. How do you slide these off????

Here is a picture. I know how to support the door and what not, but im just wondering if the end caps just pop off or what. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Lyrikz
Explorer
Explorer
fred42 wrote:
This appears to be the standard Lippert ramp door like I have. I found that the end caps are pressed on and not removable while the hinge is installed. Fortunately, the aluminum hinge rod is not connected to the end caps as you might expect on one end. Get a Torx T55 socket bit for a socket ratchet wrench and remove the three hinge bolts. With the door closed, it will be fine temporarily with one less hinge. You may have to tap the hinge off, I don't recall.

Door parts can be ordered at the Lippert store:

https://store.lci1.com/products/cargo-entry-door-parts?___store=english&p=2

6 of mine are bent. lol. SO i will have to supprt the door and go from there. Thanks for your info.. I ordered them.

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
This appears to be the standard Lippert ramp door like I have. I found that the end caps are pressed on and not removable while the hinge is installed. Fortunately, the aluminum hinge rod is not connected to the end caps as you might expect on one end. Get a Torx T55 socket bit for a socket ratchet wrench and remove the three hinge bolts. With the door closed, it will be fine temporarily with one less hinge. You may have to tap the hinge off, I don't recall.

Door parts can be ordered at the Lippert store:

https://store.lci1.com/products/cargo-entry-door-parts?___store=english&p=2
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
This would probably be better suited in the toy hauler section. Ask the moderator to move it for you.

With the slight bend I see in the pictures, I would just hammer them back straight.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900