cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel from Brooklyn, NY to Canada road clearance map

sashalenarv
Explorer
Explorer
I am renting a standard RV (C) from Cruise America; they say that it clears 14' height.
Going to Cape Breton National Park in Nova Scotia from Brooklyn, NY. Could someone advise me where to find a map(s) that indicate the roads with min. clearance of 15'
4 REPLIES 4

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
sashalenarv wrote:
danoren wrote:
THIS might help you.
There are GPS units that will alert you when a low clearance bridge is on your route.

Thank you for taking your time and advising, but the whole idea was not to drive in the direction of a problem to begin with.

The idea was to identify the problem first and then to avoid it...
Sorry for not making it clear from the beginning.
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website

sashalenarv
Explorer
Explorer
danoren wrote:
THIS might help you.
There are GPS units that will alert you when a low clearance bridge is on your route.

Thank you for taking your time and advising, but the whole idea was not to drive in the direction of a problem to begin with.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
14 feet is sufficient clearance and not a very precise answer. It is unlikely that a C from CruiseAmerica is any taller than 12 feet. Basement models with floors 8-12 inches above the chassis framerails are usually still under 11-6. Mine is just under that, I use 12 for comfort.

14 is the legal maximum (some states 13-6) for travel without a permit. Nobody makes a C motorhome that needs oversize vehicle permits. Agents at CruiseAmerica shouldn't be giving customers fllip answers when they don't know the real answer.

But coming out of Brooklyn, you do need to know clearances, because there are low clearance parkways and neighborhood streets that trucks don't belong on.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
THIS might help you.
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website