RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Any idea for mounting an 11 Lb. LP tank on my popup?

I just bought an 11 Lb. LP tank for a backup to the 20 Lb. tank that is on my popup. Currently there is no room at all on the tongue for anything else, it is a very short tongue and the 20 Lb. tank and Deep Cycle battery take up all of the room. So d...

JoshuaH by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Brakes - Electric or Surge?

After reading nearly every post in this Forum (some of them twice),I finally bought a 2016 KIA Soul with automatic transmission to tow behind our Renegade Villagio (Class B+/C-). I am now looking for a tow dolly. I found a used one on CL that sounds ...

lizzie by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Winterizeing air pressure

Saw a recommendation to use 80 lbs. air pressure to blow out water lines. My 05 5er has PEC water lines and factory warns against any water pressure over 45 lbs. I would assume that applies to air pressure as well. Maybe OK with all outlets open?

George_H by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Pop Rivets

Any thoughts about using pop rivets to install stuff on the thin walls of RV's...like towel bars, etc,?Thanks

Grey Mildew

After spending 3 hours cleaning the exterior of my motor home, I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to keep that grey mildew from coming back?

hasheel by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What does CA Cap & Trade cost us?

Governor Moonbeam has instituted Cap & Trade on the oil industry which provides us the gasoline and diesel for our RV's.I rigorously track all my taxes paid including fuel taxes, for my income tax returns.Does anyone know how much C & T tax is includ...

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Bedroom A/C unit

The A/C unit in our bedroom has the internal thermostat. The fan runs continuously and the compressor cycles on an off as needed.....I am wondering if there is a way to make the fan stop when the set temperature is reached? The fan running at night...

Craig's List Scam Buyer beware!

I wanted to share information about a scam being run on Craig's List. I responded to an ad for a motorhome with very low mileage and low price. I received a response asking me to email the seller's wife, he provided an email address, which I did. ...

kapitch by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Observed a Nasty Failed Roof Membrane

Was traveling south on Friday on US 19 pulling my boat. At the moment, I was in the little town of Chiefland (north central FL). In my mirror, I saw a rig coming that looked very strange. As it approached, I could tell the entire front half of the...

WTP-GC by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

NFL Game Day?

Unusual question: If you pay for the NFL channel on cable, do you get all of the games? Can't tell from their website. Trying not to miss Seahawks when in Yuma. Thanks!

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Cleaning Pine Sap off RV

Not sure if anyone has posted anything about this. sorry if it's been mentioned before. We just closed for the season and pulled our 5th wheel home till next Spring. The seasonal spot we are at, has a few pine trees and pine sap got all over the fron...

Flat Tow 6 Passenger vehicles under 5,000 lbs

We are a family of six with children ranging in age from 17 to 4. What vehicles seats 6 (some of the kids are adult-sized), work with a 5,000-pound tow rating, and can preferably be towed four down.I'm open to any suggestions, but older models are pr...

Ford Fiesta

Just wondering how the Ford Fiesta works to be flat towed behind a motor home. Especially with auto trans. What's the procedure? Does the model matter. Does the Fiesta seem to be a pretty good car in it's own right? Can the high performance, ST be fl...

Short term (7-10 days) RV storage in/near Savannah?

So we are planning our yearly trip to Florida in February, but our favorite campground down there is booked and they have more people on the wait list than they have spots... in other words EVERYONE with a reservation would have to cancel, and then s...

spoon059 by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes