RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Reese/Ford prep maintenance

We recently purchased a used Ford F350 that included the Ford prep fifth wheel package and the Reese 25k hitch. I found the grease fitting in the top but am wondering if there is any other grease spots that need to be lubed. There also seems to be a ...

Do RV tires deteriorate when sitting on dealer lots.

I bought a four year old used 5th wheel and had a blowout on my first run. Suspecting that it might be lot rot in the tires, I changed the whole set even though the treads looked new on them. The entire tread on the blowout tire separated from the si...

Fishing bridge campground

Planning my trip to Yellowstone. Was wondering if anybody has stayed at fishing Bridge Campground in a 40-foot plus fifthwheel. Website says spaces are limited for over sized rigs in Campground and sites are narrow. Our fifth wheel is just closer to...

Federal campsites

Good source for listing of all federal campsites: National Parks, Army Corps of Engineers, US Forestry Service, etc.

flaspike by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Are We Done?

Not to garner sympathy but I'd like to ask if anyone else has overcome this type of adversity. My DW of 42 years has malignant tumor in her spinal cord. In May she was a very active 63 year old person, walking 4 miles every day and enjoying life. Sin...

Double towing laws Not so Simple!

In my research about double towing (truck+ 5er+ ball trailer) do your research! Do not accept the 'guides ' as accurate. Every google,search site I visited stated Wisconsin total length rules at 60', no double towing. Except with special permi...

tiny house

can anyone explain to me this big interest in tiny HousesI just saw one 256 sq ft for 74,900.I have seen beautiful 5ers out there that put this to shame. am I missing something

Gooseneck fifth wheel and a flat bed. Help!

Hello, I'm a little green on this so please have patience with me. I have an 1985 Chevrolet K20 that has been converted to a 1 ton truck with single rears. It has a flat bed and is set up for a gooseneck which I use quite often. We have a pop up ca...

Being Prepaired

Another forum, someone asked about Air Condition quitting.After a while, you encounter a lot, of these, house problems.A first timeer might panic when facing this huge complicated RV.First thing buy a spare water pump and physically find wher it is i...

down_home by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Water heater question

The water heater is a Suburban. It is both electric and gas.If I were to turn it on electric with no water I would burn out the element. If that happens can the unit be used with gas ?Jack L

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Air Bag Recommendation needed

We've been full-timing for a little over 2 years now with a 2014 F350 6.7L 4x4 long bed and been happy with the towing/poser/etc. The weighed pin weight of my 43' TH is 4250 lbs - well within the capacity of the truck. However, it does squat about 2 ...

arhayes by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Fine for dumping RV tanks in a storm drain???

Tour bus dumps on the street(This is NOT political, please keep it that way. The rules of this forum clearly state: "Political and religious posts, pictures, links, signatures etc. are not allowed in these forums and may be removed without notice or...

Eric_Lisa by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

brake or wiring issues

I have an issue with my brakes on Jayco TT or either in wiring. My truck (2010 F150) gives a trailer wiring error when I plug in. I have cleaned connections and used dielectric grease, no help. I tried plugging in new trailer and got no error. I ha...