cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Try answering this one

rickhise
Explorer
Explorer
Those who use extended warranty service.
Do you have any issues getting the work covered,
paid for etc thanks.

Uncomplicated approvals etc ?
What issues if any do have with the coverage.
Which carrier do u recommend?

Those wishing to comment
but have never used the extended warranty,wait till page 2 thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have had many,many repairs done under my extended service plan provided by Coach Net. A couple new roof AC units, new washing machine, 3 slides fixed along with 2 new gear boxes/motors,a new indash entertainment center/GPS, genset repairs plus numerous other things such as slideout seals,etc,
I have had no issues with the work being done nor the time frame to get it done. The shop has contacted the provider each time and a representative of the provider has arrived within a day or so to approve the repairs. So, you do loose a day or two in getting stuff done. What I do is wait until I have 2 or 3 things to be done then take it in. That way, I get 2 or 3 things done with only one deductible, which on my policy is $100.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

rickhise
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
First off, it's not any kind of 'extended warranty'.. What you are buying is just an extra 'insurance policy' on your rig..

You will need to read all the fine print and what you have to do BEFORE you even attempt to make a claim and hope that you have followed all THEIR rules before the failure has taken place..

There are plenty of "warranty" companies out there willing to take your money.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!

Mitch

Well that s a start I can check em out online

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you'll find consistent answers to your question because everyone's service - warranty plans are different, everyone has different and unique scenarios to deal with, and everyone has different expectations of how these plans are suppose to work. Everyone has different tolerance and patients levels, and different levels of self-tenacity (pushiness) to get something down when the odds are against them.

The only thing you can do is purchase the plan and hope you never need it.

For an FYI, I just purchased a new 5er, in my signature below, and paid for the extra warranty-service-tire protection-paint-mechanical- everything protections (bumper to bumper) for the first 6 years of ownership. Based on our track record, in 6 years well be trading campers again.

Bottom line, it's a gamble only YOU can decide.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Answers change in three days, bee. lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
I have used extended warranty twice. Bth times to replace the transmission. First time it was an arm wrestling contest negotiated settlement. 2nd time they paid up without complaining.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
rickhise wrote:
...Those wishing to comment but have never used the extended warranty,wait till page 2 thanks.

So you own and control this forum?

Since you think you do, I have no advice.

Besides, you asked essentially the same question three days ago.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read the fine print and then read it again.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
First off, it's not any kind of 'extended warranty'.. What you are buying is just an extra 'insurance policy' on your rig..

You will need to read all the fine print and what you have to do BEFORE you even attempt to make a claim and hope that you have followed all THEIR rules before the failure has taken place..

There are plenty of "warranty" companies out there willing to take your money.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had ExtraRide extended service for 5 years. I submitted about 4 claims over the 5 years and they paid every single one of them with no haggling or trying to deny coverage. I came out ahead as they paid out more than what I paid for the coverage.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata