cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TST Tire Pressure Monitor System - Interim Update

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
Well, after reading and reading and reading, and researching, finally, decided to go with the TST TPMS, which I ordered today.

Won't get it to install until we arrive in NY next week. Then a 1k mile trip to test them out.

I sure hope they work without any headaches. One thing, it appears that the customer service with TST is outstanding. Customer service is the most important consideration for me, along with product quality. If they can be equalized, then it's a no brainer. Along with Value, hopefully it is a win, win.

There were less expensive and more expensive tpms units out there, but tst kept coming to to the surface.

Since 0'76, we have had a blow out on one TT, and 2 blowouts on a former class c. Luckily, no vehicle damage occurred on either.

We were approaching a Semi on I65, and before we caught up to him, a trailer tire blew. Not much traffic, and we ended up dodging flying tread, etc until we could get out of the way.

Tires get a lot of my attention, now I will have another MH toy and a sister for the GPS to play around with.
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic
17 REPLIES 17

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with it. I have really liked our Tireminder TPMS system. It came with one bad sender. Sent it back to the manufacturer and got a new one without any problems. Provides air and temp feedback and alarms if sudden loss of pressure, or if pressure drops below 10% of what I set it to.

Putting two more on the swivel wheel. The monitor works with up to 18 wheels, I think.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I think you'll be happy with it. I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago and it was super easy to set up. I haven't had a chance to take the 5er out since I put it on but so far it works wonderful.

Did you get the flow through sensors? I did, and kind of regret it because they are so restrictive when trying to add air to the tire.

I decided against the flow through after looking closely at the wheel covers.

Did you use locktite or teflon tape when installing them?

I read on one of the forums that Dan, the owner discussed using locktite, the blue one. Not sure if it is necessary to get a good seal.

Good luck withe your tst.
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think you'll be happy with it. I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago and it was super easy to set up. I haven't had a chance to take the 5er out since I put it on but so far it works wonderful.

Did you get the flow through sensors? I did, and kind of regret it because they are so restrictive when trying to add air to the tire.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"