cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TST vs. TIRE TRAKER

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, read many posts about both units. Other than a color monitor, is there really much performance difference? The traker is $100 less for a 6 valve unit, really a large amount % wise. Traker has “LIMITED” life time warranty. Thoughts?
7 REPLIES 7

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I will only add that TST's customer service is one of the best I've ever dealt with...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
Op here. Looking at this it seems that there is more favoring to the tst, sorta like michelin vs the rest. But like the tire comparison, the traker is 30% less which might have me leaning. Just want to do this once.

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
From what I ave read and seen:
Most of them looked alike when they first came out although they are coming in different shapes now.
They program the same
Some seem to have the same issues-If you unhook and drive off they fail to notify you of the signal loss and can take an hour or longer to reconnect when you come back and park next to it.
Had a TST as my first monitor and it would give me false alarms, drop off when driving, delay in reestablishing connection.
My Hawkshead has performed well for me.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I use the TST system. Very easy to install and use. The color monitor is very easy to see day and night. System comes with a repeater but I have not needed it. I have had no issues with loss of signal on a 30 foot trailer.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Route_66_Travel
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the EezTire TPMS system, have used it for over a year without a problem. I did have one bad sensor during installation, was replaced immediately without question.

https://eezrvproducts.com/eezrv-tpms-info

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can only speak for the TST. It works very well, and the problem of the monitor losing the sensor signal is ameliorated by the installation of the repeater. Which it now comes with, mine didn't and I've lost the signal a few times over the years. The actual loss isn't a big deal, but the fact that the TST doesn't notify you of the loss for up to hour is a big deal IMO.

In all honesty, I believe both systems work very well. And are good insurance. I don't see the color monitor as being a big selling point, in fact I really don't see the point. I rarely look at ours, instead I rely on the alarm to work. And it does.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Trakker has been good for me..