cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV Antennae Issue

PeteK-Hou
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 televisions in my TT. When using the powered amplifier, I can only use one TV at a time. When I try to use them both, only one gets a signal from the antennae, the other one just freezes. The manual says that when the amplifier is in use, it should send the signal to both outlets.

This only happens when using the antennae. When using cable input, both tv's operate independently.

Any ideas?

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is that it is a TV issue and not the antenna/amplifier. One of the TV is probably injecting noise on the antenna line. When it is off, the other TV works. When it is on, it is immune to it's own noise.

PeteK-Hou
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
I assume that you have the amp. on only when using antenna, that antenna is up and aimed for max. signal strength? (Sorry for asking but just in case.)

Start by checking co-ax connection on roof at antenna and at the rear of the amp. plate (will have to pull from the ceiling a bit to inspect). Can be loose sometimes or connector not installed correctly. Is this something new or has it been okay up until now?

Is it perhaps just a weak OTA signal where you are? If a weak signal, you can install a Winegard SensarPro signal finder which boosts the signal more than the standard one and also a Winegard Sensar IV to the existing antenna.

The two TVs in our Spree work just fine together.

Yes, amp is on and we get a great picture on both TVs (just one at a time) so it's not signal strength.

This is the first time we tried to use both tv's at the same time as the TT is new. It's not a big issue, just something that makes me scratch my head.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I assume that you have the amp. on only when using antenna, that antenna is up and aimed for max. signal strength? (Sorry for asking but just in case.)

Start by checking co-ax connection on roof at antenna and at the rear of the amp. plate (will have to pull from the ceiling a bit to inspect). Can be loose sometimes or connector not installed correctly. Is this something new or has it been okay up until now?

Is it perhaps just a weak OTA signal where you are? If a weak signal, you can install a Winegard SensarPro signal finder which boosts the signal more than the standard one and also a Winegard Sensar IV to the existing antenna.

The two TVs in our Spree work just fine together.