cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

under the kitchen sink PVC pipe bust

HRalumalitti
Explorer
Explorer
This pipe recently busted. It's a 2" PVC that's about a foot long and connected to a "Y" from the fresh cold water just before it goes to the sink. I have to replace the 2" pipe to get the water to go back to the sink, otherwise whenever I turn the water on at the outside spigot it just pours out from this pipe.

What the heck is it used for? Building pressure for the rest of the plumbing?

Not sure how to post of picture here.
7 REPLIES 7

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pictures! We have no idea what you are describing.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it is something other than glued into the cold line, it could be a filter. If that is the case, it can probably be replaced easily.
Hope Hope

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
My guess would be a DIY anti-hammer device as previously said. If that's the case, it could be eliminated without doing any harm. Adding a small accumulator near the pump will work just as well if desired.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe an antisyphon device and not really a 2" pipe.

Rvpapa
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a home-made anti hammer like used with washing machines. Or someone tried to make a cheapie accumulator?
Art

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's a link to picture posting thread. How to and FAQ's
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
I am totally confused. A 2" PVC pipe would most likely be drain side of plumbing. Yet, you say it is attached to fresh water supply side (typically 1/2' red--hot/ blue--cold). Don't sound right to me....going to need those pics.