cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

weber q1200

robrose1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just got a smoking deal on the Weber Q1200 at Target. They were discounting grills 50%. Paid 99.00 for it.
Has anyone hooked this grill to the quick disconnect fitting on your RV?
Rob and Rose
2013 Winnebago Lite Five 29FWRLS
2006 GMC DURAMAX/ALLISON
9 REPLIES 9

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
At home I'll fire up the gas grill sometimes on weeknights when I don't have time to wait for my Kamado to get up to temp, but if I'm camping or on vacation my little Weber Jumbo Joe does great and I really prefer the results I get with charcoal. Good find on the price, though.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes. Pretty easy to convert. With a quick connect on the regulator and the right fittings you can easily switch between using the onboard propane, canister, or 5gal bottle. All the hoses and fittings go in the lid for storage.

Like all gas lines, use the yellow thread tape, not white. Propane will chemically react with the white.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

rwbradley
Explorer
Explorer
I did a step by step on how to hook it up to the quick disconnect on my blog if you are interested...
Link
Rob
rvtechwithrvrob.com

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I converted ours - very easy to do with the right fittings. You might get lucky at Lowes or HD on fittings, but a better place might be a commercial/industrial place that sells just hoses and fittings so you can be assured of getting all the correct pieces in one place. I'd get a 20' hose. There's 2 types of outer jackets. One stiffens up in the cold and one stays soft and is a lot easier to coil up. Not sure what the designations are. You may need to go to an RV parts store to get the hose you want. I also went with a larger dia. 3/8" hose instead of 1/4" for better flow in a 20' hose.

The regulator on the Weber is easy to remove and replace with a female quick connect fitting. The photo shows what I did under our last TT. Our dealer did something similar on our current TT. You should use a protective cap like the yellow one so that the female quick release doesn't get road debris in it. I would test all fittings for leaks with soapy water.

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased one with guidance of RV.net followers. Great versatile grill and easy cleanup. I use a tee connected to our 30 lb. cylinder and either 1 or two 8 foot hoses To the grill.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Chowan
Explorer
Explorer
which Target. I would like to get a backup?

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
I followed the U-tube video on converting mine. It was easy and then I have since seen where someone saved the original fittings and retro'ed that with quick connects to use the bottles again too. I plan to do that sometime. I bough supplies from Lowes hardware store. and use the yellow pipe tape not the white pipe tape.
I use my weber baby Q every trip and it so far has been the best grill ever. I will have to look a target to see if our local has one. MY SIL wanted one for father's day and he got a fitbit and running shoes instead. ๐Ÿ™‚
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice find, they are exceptionally made grills and can last a lifetime with a little care
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, just google Weber Q quick disconnect plenty of vids etc. I modified mine easy to do, found my fittings at a local rv repair shop.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!