cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What cars can be towed?

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
What cars can be towed with an RV. I what to buy a car that I can tow with my Class A. I would like a list of cars so I can shop around.
5 REPLIES 5

Whiten
Explorer
Explorer
Same here, I tow a 2000 Jeep Cherokee 4x4. manual said cant but Jeep forums said ok. It has been towed behind my class A for thousands of mile with no problems.

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some owner's manuals state the vehicle can not be towed, which means the manufacturer isn't liable if damage occurs while towing. However, we towed our 2000 Mustang convertible (with a V6 and manual transmission) for six years without any problems even though the owner's manual said we couldn't.

I had checked with Remco. They made the baseplate and said it could be towed. I had the baseplate and wiring installed by Tork Weld. Both firms specialize in modifying towing vehicles.

However, the final decision is yours to make. If you aren't comfortable, don't do it.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Dinghy Towing forum from Towing.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
that dingy guide can be used as a first cut but I would rely only on the owner's manual which should give directions under towing behind a motorhome or recreational towing. and I don't give much weight to those that recommend towing something that is not covered in the owner's manual,
bumpy

Here you'll find Dinghy Guides.