cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Do I Need??? Help!!!! ;-)

Villain2000
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a Coleman cts262bh that has a propane quick connect at the back of the camper to connect a grill to. I have a small Blue Rhino Grill that has served me well. It takes the the small screw on propane cylinders. Is there a hose I can buy to tap into my rv's propane supply to use my grill? Thanks for the info in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

Villain2000
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/12-propane-hose-assembly/67312

Well, here's what I orderd.....

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
I stand corrected, I think. On the trailers that I've seen that were plumbed for a gas grill, the grill being used was one of these Sidekick Grills. They appear to not use their own regulator.

Now this next (clickable) picture shows the Sidekick Grill with a regulator on the bottle:

The question that I can't answer is: Does the OP's gas grill use a higher gas pressure than the output of the RV's regulator? A weak flame in the grill should be a sign of low gas pressure coming into the grill.

If the answer is no, then the 2nd regulator at the gas grill shouldn't be a problem as it makes the 2nd regulator redundant.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
With a regulator already on the trailer between the tanks and that quick connect, would the grill work with a regulator on it also?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a grill like the one below, then the bottle already screws into a regulator - and all that you need is the extension hose that mates to the quick disconnect and is threaded on the other end the same as a 1 quart bottle. My Stay-A-While Deluxe comes with a gas grill hose that screws directly onto my Coleman portable grill's regulator. Not knowing the quick-disconnect that you have, I would be inclined to drive the trailer with your grill over to a CW or RV store, walk a salesperson out to the trailer and say "I need a propane hose to go from this quick-disconnect to this grill". I would then test the hose on the grill (by lighting the grill) before leaving the store.

If you click on this link and then click on the "Standards/Options" tab, in the right-hand column it shows the "Coleman Outside Stove/Grill w/Griddle" as optional.
http://coleman-rv.com/floorplans/Expedition
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Disregard what I said before. I forgot about that there is a regulator between your gast tank and the end of the hose. Your grill will have a regulator on it as well. If you can by pass the regulator on your grill somehow, then you can get a hose for it to work. Otherwise you will need a grill of some sort that does not have a regualtor on it.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L