cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to buy good semi-cheap ratchet socket set in USA?

Fastfwd75
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a socket set at Sears Canada a couple decades ago. It served me well but now the case plastic hinges have come apart and parts are not secure within the case.

Prices are generally better in the USA but I am not sure what is the best place to get something similar that will have a compact and durable case and not too expensive.

I need:
Metric + Imperial ratchet and socket 3/8" and 3/4" selections
Screwdriver and bits would be a plus
Most of all I want it to come well organized in a case that will last and be easy to transport.
Eco Camp 20BH
Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 4.30
35 REPLIES 35

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Get a small toolbox, and a couple of socket holder bars. These have spring holdersfor a whole set of sockes, and help keep then from getting lost.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
I have a few different sets but I have a set that I keep in my truck with a little bit of everything made by Kobalt sold by Lowes. I probably use this set more that anything else I have. It's nice to take the case to whatever I'm working on instead of grabbing a handful of sockets. I believe they have a lifetime warranty too. I would avoid Harbor Freight unless you buy some box end wrenches or a hammer, etc. Anything with moving parts doesn't seem to last. Actually, my torque wrench from Harbor Freight is great and was very accurate when I had it checked at Discount Tire with their torque checker.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Road Runners wrote:
For some who seldom use their tools go to Harbor Freight for low priced, but completely usable tools.

X-2
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
If they are Craftsman tools, aren't they lifetime guarantee? Just buy a tool box and get free replacements of any worn tools.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
For some who seldom use their tools go to Harbor Freight for low priced, but completely usable tools.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel

Kafn8td
Explorer
Explorer
Sears Craftsman or just find a nice tool box.