cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

would you pay $41 to enter a National Park?

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am calling BS on this story. Read it and the implication is that folks would be okay with an 80% increase in entrance fees if it ensured they would see a bear Article
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"
93 REPLIES 93

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
No. I wont pay $25.00 and I can afford to. What happened to a family going low buck? Many things are already priced out of their reach.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Doesn't one of the Natl Park Access cards cover these places.

I know I have used my SENIOR PASS to get into the NATL FOREST areas like SKYLINE DRIVE in VA, The Indian Ruins near Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon in AZ, etc...

It also gives me 50% on camping fees in these areas.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
If all the National Park fees and money raised inside of the parks stayed with the parks, there wouldn't be a need to raise the entrance fees and at the same time the parks would be better maintained. The biggest problem being that most of the money that the parks themselves generate goes back to Washington D.C. and squandered on other budget items. :M

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't doubt it a bit. People go nuts over seeing wild animals. The article you reference actually states that people on average would pay an additional $41 to see bears. That would make the entrance fee to Yellowstone $66.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN