cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
Danpen
If your idea of fun is ditting back and watching folks pull in set up or tear down their sites.

You have to admit this can be entertaining.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

4tumbleweeds
Explorer
Explorer
You are in someone else's yard and check for RV parking in the yard.

DanPen64078
Explorer
Explorer
atwoodclan wrote:
You might be a Class A RVer if you get excited about anything close to 10 MPG...

Guilty -- also applies with a 5vr
05 Chevy Silverado LT 6WD Duramax/Allison combo, 05 Carriage Cameo LXI F32KS3

Man, Wife, a Lady Dog, and a baby Lady Dog (hand full of zip locks) -- Family of Happy Campers!

DanPen64078
Explorer
Explorer
If that bulge in your back pocket is a load of empty zip locks just in case your pup makes a pit stop.

If you walk back to your trailer with a full zip lock and are grateful that it is air tight ๐Ÿ™‚

If you tell your puppies, let's go back home and they start looking around to find "their" trailer

If at the beginning of the season you are grateful there are no leaks

If after the 1st trip of the season you're grateful the "pink stuff" is not creating bubbles each time you run water into the sink or shower

If you ever wanted to turn off the "exterior" water supply so you could get better water pressure while taking a shower

If your idea of fun is sitting back and watch folks pull in, set up, or tear down their sights
05 Chevy Silverado LT 6WD Duramax/Allison combo, 05 Carriage Cameo LXI F32KS3

Man, Wife, a Lady Dog, and a baby Lady Dog (hand full of zip locks) -- Family of Happy Campers!

atwoodclan
Explorer
Explorer
You might be a Class A RVer if you think 0 - 60 in 30 seconds is "smokin it"

atwoodclan
Explorer
Explorer
You might be a Class A RVer if you get excited about anything close to 10 MPG...

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
fireman93514 wrote:
You tell your DW you will buy her a new MH for her anniversary, and she not only agrees, she already had one picked out. (guilty).

We still have a week to do that, if I can get the current one sold!
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

Jordan_and_Bev
Explorer
Explorer
Returning from a winter in the south, you wonder why you have a home! Jordan

Jordan and Bev Spofford
Greenland, NH
2005 Born Free 26' RSB
1995 Suzuki 4WD Toad

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
You tell your DW you will buy her a new MH for her anniversary, and she not only agrees, she already had one picked out. (guilty).
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

oh_boy
Explorer
Explorer
I love the one about saving bags of bags for walking the dog. I'm still finding them in jeans pockets or a jacket that hasn't been used in a while.
Ian/Mary/Rusty
wire fox terror
03 Dodge Ram 3500,4x4,QC,
Line X,Hijacker 16K slider,
09 Titanium 32E37RSA

snowshoe
Explorer
Explorer
If you get up early on a Saturday without complaining so you can hear the birds sing and enjoy your coffee.
Tom & Nancy
2001 Rockwood Lite 2104
2011 GMC Sierra LSE

Sister_Shotgun
Explorer
Explorer
..If instead of counting certain colored cars your children count how many RV's there are going in either direction of the highway :B

lrom
Explorer
Explorer
--If you can't sleep before leaving on a trip and end up hitting the road at 3 a.m. because, after all, it is "tomorrow" now...

--If you spend every weekend at the storage site, even if you have to make up a reason to go. (I need a nap, it's too noisy at home...!)

--If Camping World and the park nearby are you idea of a day trip

--If you always take the mh to go to the park for the day. (After all, my chairs and my grill are in the mh!)
I'm sick of following my dreams - I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.

Gypsywannabe
Explorer
Explorer
THIS WAS GREAT!!!!! I have never had so much fun reading at this website!

5'er-08' Colorado CL30

2012 Ford F150

Pilot-Jay,Co-pilot-Lorri,one stowaway-Cody
Erris(Boxer),Allie(MiniPin),Gracie(New Baby-Minipin),occasional overnight pup -Magmus(Pug):B

TomW2
Explorer
Explorer
DanPen64078 wrote:
...now just how do you get them strings through those golf balls?

Get "solid core" golf balls or freeze the liquid core and/or the rubber band ones. A drill press helps.
Tom (driver, navigator & cook)
Ruth (bottle washer)
Dollie (wire haired fox terrier)
Buddy (terrier cross - pound puppy)
2004 Minnie Winnie 30V
2005 Suzuki XL-7 4x4
US Gear Tow Brake
Roadmaster All Terrain Falcon 2 tow bar