cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

Cygany
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:

... you've entertained yourself for hours with one of those electric flyswatters.

YEP!

Southwind85
Explorer
Explorer
...if you find a place to camp free for a few weeks but the road is impossible with the RV due to slope changes. So you dig out the leveling blocks anyway then back up an inch at a time while keeping the rear bumper and hitch receiver right at 1/2" off the ground while hitting tree branches on both sides. Then once in, you realize it'll probably take a helicopter to get it out...of course there's the obligatory problem of having to back out almost 1/4 mile around curves with the trees scraping the sides and useless mirrors.

BTDT recently.
The Good Life

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
If...During the holday season, you are thinking more of winterizing your RV on time then of family get togethers.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . Flying J is your favorite stop for. . .

pizza.

havedreamwilltr
Explorer
Explorer
If, when camping and a situation comes up, your answer is "the thread on RV.net says...."
2007 GMC Yukon Denali - 6.2L 380hp/417ft-lbs,0-60 in 6.2 seconds
2007 Jayco Jayflight 27BH
Equalizer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Control
Our Truck and Trailer
Easy Trailer Mods-NEW pics added 4/10/08

Visited a lot of states, haven't camped in many...yet. :W

Georgia_camper
Explorer
Explorer
FOREVER FREE wrote:
Your RV is parked beside the house hooked up to electric and DW finds you sitting in it, leaned back in the recliner listening to the stereo, drinking a beer and dozing off. :B

I've been caught doing this. and my TT is completely hooked up to the house. Water (with filter) 30amp rv plug in weather proof box and 3" pvc sewer with threaded adapter for black/grey water hose.

The ultimate "dog house"
camping 21st century style.
Three kids oldest son 15:C
middle son 6:M
baby girl 2 years:p
me big daddy :h
and the wife:W

Hornet28BHDS
Explorer
Explorer
bondebond wrote:
...if you bait the conversation to force people to ask about your RV.

I like that one!
2006 Hornet 28BHDS-Bunk House, Dual Slides

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
5.7L Hemi, Factory Towing Package
Reese Brake Controller, WD Hitch and Sway Bar

Life is short, why not spend it in an RV!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

lrom
Explorer
Explorer
--If you are going weekend camping at a local campground, are meeting friends for breakfast and turn down the offer for a ride to the restaurant so that you can drive your MH just in case they want to see your "toy."

--And you actually think that non-campers will WANT to see your toy.
I'm sick of following my dreams - I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
...if you install a dedicated 30A outlet in your garage for "shore power".

...if you bait the conversation to force people to ask about your RV.

...if you sit in the RV, scratching your brain on what next mod to perform.

...if you drive over an hour at lunch to your dealer to pick up "weatherstripping" and have to browse the racks while there.

and the most impactful to me:

...if you realize the RV is paid off, and the house isn't, is it really so bad if you stop making payments on the house? I mean, you've got a backup plan, right? I could always title the RV in another family member's name so they can't reposses that too, eh? And I only need to work enough to pay the fees at a CG. Heck! I could work at Walmart AND park/live there too! Perfect. :B
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

ReVoker
Explorer
Explorer
popadoc wrote:
If your standing on the beach in Rio de Janeiro...and wishing you were back in the good ole USA camping

You would not be an RVer...you might be a nut though :B
ReVoker
An opinion on every subject...

popadoc
Explorer
Explorer
If your standing on the beach in Rio de Janeiro...and wishing you were back in the good ole USA camping

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
... you have absolutely no use for a radar detector.

... you've entertained yourself for hours with one of those electric flyswatters.

caqui
Explorer
Explorer
You might be a fulltime RVr in training if-

your weekends are known between the two of you as ON or OFF.

Benntexas
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate post. sorry.

Benntexas
Explorer
Explorer
jnesta wrote:
if... you know what TT, TV, 5er, DW, DH, HA, PR, FK, RL, SO, SS, TH, TC, PUP, SC, LB, SB, DRW all mean.

OK, I admit I DON'T know what that those mean, TT = Travel Trailer I guess,, but ?