Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Baking clay paw print ...

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure which category this belongs to ... so here goes

The directions on the clay paw print from crematorium says to bake in a glass baking dish .. we have none in the RV.

So do I need to go out and buy one or can I bake it on Aluminum foil in a baking dish ?
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)
3 REPLIES 3

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had to bake the one we were given. It was like white plaster and it was left unbaked so we could add name, dates or anything we wanted along with the paw prints.

Can't you borrow a glass dish? I carry several in our RV. If around others, I would think someone would have one.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm... I wonder if yours was already baked? Is it hardened? And the instructions were accidentally left with it?

I had paw impressions taken of both Ike and Jack - and they arrived as a (hard) white ceramic clay-like oval, about 3" x 5". I'm assuming the product used was soft during use; then either hardened like an epoxy; or baked?
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
RoadXYZ wrote:
Not sure which category this belongs to ... so here goes

The directions on the clay paw print from crematorium says to bake in a glass baking dish .. we have none in the RV.

So do I need to go out and buy one or can I bake it on Aluminum foil in a baking dish ?

The only paw print we were given was Rosie's and it seemed to be some kind of acrylic material, no baking required. What I would do is check the name of the crematorium online and see if they have a website or at least a phone number you can call with your question. The vet would no doubt have that phone number, too. I know what you mean about missing that little coyote howl, Rosie did that, also. Such characters, our girls were!
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background