cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dog? Poop - or NOT

lasparrot
Explorer
Explorer
I don't want to start anything! But I had to laugh.

Last week while camping I noticed a poop in the ditch right in front of our trailer. I quickly got a bag to pick it up, muttering under my breath about people not picking up. When I did pick it up it was immediately apparent that it was from no dog... unless that dog was fed a diet rich with seeds, berries, and other wild things! It must have been a racoon.

FWIW - in the 8 years that we've been camping (over 400 nights), I've seen only a few dog poops that weren't picked up.
Laura and Carm traveling with 3 dogs & 1 African Grey Congo parrot in a 2010 Titanium 30e35sa 5th wheel - love it!
Blog: pursuitofidlepleasures / A dog's perspective: Spike's Journal
24 REPLIES 24

lasparrot
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Somewhere in the woods, a creature is pointing and laughing, telling his buddy "Can you believe the human SAVED that???"

🙂
Laura and Carm traveling with 3 dogs & 1 African Grey Congo parrot in a 2010 Titanium 30e35sa 5th wheel - love it!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Somewhere in the woods, a creature is pointing and laughing, telling his buddy "Can you believe the human SAVED that???"
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Well, I guess you just solved that age old question.
"does a wild bear poop in the woods?"
No, he poops in the ditch at the local park!

lasparrot
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty sure it wasn't a bear - they just aren't seen around here, but I suppose one never knows (plus it wasn't that big a poo!).

BCSnob - thanks but no. I did my fair share of poop lifting when we had 11 horses! And with 3 dogs that go camping, I keep in practice 😉

Hummm... now I'm wondering about bears! TMI, but it was only a handful, a medium sized dog's worth.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
You are just a good guy tryin to do the right thing. Does a bear poop in the woods? Sure but not in a campground. Attracts flies etc,. Good job
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Dottie5
Explorer
Explorer
I agree. Sounds like bear scat. I never see our solitary bear out where I live, but I do see his/her poop when out walking. Poops right on the road LOL

exeter_acres
Explorer
Explorer
careful....

i bet it was bear poop... and the bear set it as a trap! 😉 😉 😉
Involved in R/C airplanes and travel and camp at many events.
www.extremeflightrc.com

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a dog, don't worry about deer poop. The dogs love it!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
I have a barn full of poop that needs to be cleaned up; wanna come help?
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
LOL LOL --- cleaning up after mother nature.....now I've heard everything....ROL ROL.

BTW -- deer poop in our yard.....when picking some up the other day (with a shovel) I thought it looked an awful lot like a dog's poop. However, I'd SEEN the deer do it -- (rude if you ask me)
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend