Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 2 cats

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a sad time at our house.

We've lost our 2- 1yo female kitties. They just never came home since last Saturday. It may be an owl, coyotes, or they're caught in someone's garage. We just don't have any idea. I've walked the neighborhood every day until I'm exhausted but have yet to find any signs of anything. The neighbors are real cooperative in checking their garages for us.

It's so odd to lose both at the same time. Hope is dwindling but I'm not giving up yet. They are not chipped. 😞
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
40 REPLIES 40

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
M GO BLUE wrote:
..trying to break them from ever going outside again is hard but in my opinion is needed for your sanity and the cat's well-being
Yes, at this point I would have to agree.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We learned a long time ago to have indoor cats only. Indoor cats also have fewer health problems. No fleas, no worms, no gifts of dead innard's brought inside or left on the porch. And especially nice, no dead cats to bury in the back yard because of speeding cars on our street.

Our 2 get plenty of exercise in the RV fulltime chasing each other up and down the stairs. They also enjoy sitting on their cat tree looking out the window when not getting their rear ends scratched on our laps.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Go Dogs wrote:
He had fleas, worms, constant absesses from fighting, fathered countless kittens,disappeared for days, etc. In spite of all this, he lived to a ripe old age.
Now, I don't think I could just let a cat out of the door knowing all the dangers. I hope they come home, soon.
Yes, being outside does brings its problems. I've seen all of those.

I've had cats most of my life.. and they lived good long lives. All outdoors.. come and go as they please through their own cat door. Never gave it a second thought. Trying to keep one inside is not pleasant.. they don't like it.

Thanks for the words. Just talking about it helps.

If they were raised to never go outdoors there is not a problem...trying to break them from ever going outside again is hard but in my opinion is needed for your sanity and the cat's well-being

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

BoxerPitMix
Explorer
Explorer
I can't imagine wondering where my girl was at. Amazing how attached we get to our pets.

Hope you get good news soon.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go Dogs wrote:
He had fleas, worms, constant absesses from fighting, fathered countless kittens,disappeared for days, etc. In spite of all this, he lived to a ripe old age.
Now, I don't think I could just let a cat out of the door knowing all the dangers. I hope they come home, soon.
Yes, being outside does brings its problems. I've seen all of those.

I've had cats most of my life.. and they lived good long lives. All outdoors.. come and go as they please through their own cat door. Never gave it a second thought. Trying to keep one inside is not pleasant.. they don't like it.

Thanks for the words. Just talking about it helps.

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about your cats. Hopefully, there will be a good resolution. I no longer am a 'cat person'. When we were kids, we had a cat. It was considered weird to have an indoor cat. Our cat came and went as he pleased. He had fleas, worms, constant absesses from fighting, fathered countless kittens,disappeared for days, etc. In spite of all this, he lived to a ripe old age.
Now, I don't think I could just let a cat out of the door knowing all the dangers.
I hope they come home, soon.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Keep the faith. My neighbors cats left for a couple of weeks. Cats ARE opportunists and if they find a place that is providing them with some good food they might hang for awhile before coming back.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
Letting any pet roam the great outdoors is irresponsible and invites what you are now experiencing. You admit, "It may be an owl, coyotes, or they're caught in someone's garage." Since you have that knowledge, why in the world would you expose your pets to those dangers?

crimmps49
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully you find them both soon. We had a cat that left for over a month when his buddy-cat passed away. One day he just showed up, much to our surprise. Since then we have never left our cats outside w/o leash. Good luck.

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
My friend's cat was recently found after a four month absence. The boys in the neighborhood found him for her. She had pictures posted everywhere in the neighborhood. I hope yours are found soon.
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
If they have never been spayed, wait a few days. Our one year old left for a week once.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel