cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pebbles first trip out

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Our latest rescue pup is Pebbles, 6 month old part Chihuahua and part Jack Russel will be taking her first trip with me tomorrow to 3 rivers SP for 4 days. She is very very energetic and we should have a great time. She has picked Dad as her companion ad naturally we are going to take some of her favorite toys for me to toss and for her retrieve also plenty of treats (gotta have the treats.
Our other three chihuahuas will stay home with Mom, it seems they are only happy when Mom at home with Mom and only like to camp when she is along but they are all three getting a little "log in the tooth". Especially Sammy who is old, white streaked coat, (like me) and stone deaf. Last trip I took Gypsy (8 yrs)and she was fine until Mom came to the CG, then she wanted to go home with Mom, she even refused a treat until she was in the truck and headed home
Delilah (unknown age) also wants Mom.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game
4 REPLIES 4

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
We used to camp with 5 lb Poquita and I would just let you know that big dogs are curious (like "What is that? Cat? Squirrel?" and will come running up, sometimes off-leash. Of course they mean to harm but it was sometimes scary. We kept her in a harness with leash attached so we could "airborne express" her iback up to our arms if need be. She made it to 15 years without a scratch. 🙂 Miss that little chigger.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just the beginning for a life time of memories with your fur baby. Always take pictures and make a scrap book, its always nice to be able to look back and remember.
2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
LOL! I was just thinking, in response to another post - that "ALL dogs love to camp". I guess I was wrong 🙂 Here's hoping Pebbles becomes an avid camper!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
Have a great time!!!

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)