cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Poodle-y fur is a snow magnet!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
OMG - I just gave Ben (mini aussie x mini poodle; a whopping 14 lbs and 13" tall) a closer trim - he comes in from playing in the snow (which he loves) just LOADED with snow and ice balls in his fur from head to tail. Then wants ME to hold him 'cause he's cold, so *I* get soaked....

I used to use "Musher's Secret" on Ike's (Aussie) feet to prevent snowballs - but am pretty sure that using it on a dog's fur would result in a gunky look? Is there anything in spray form that would make their coats less prone to collecting snow - or does Ben just get a close haircut and wears a coat all winter??

Jimmy is also a mini-Aussie-poo; but much larger. He gets snowballs from the tummy down.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!
17 REPLIES 17

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Shave him then get him a cute sweater
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Isn't there a spray on conditioner that is left on after bathing. Would you be able to use that and it would make the hair slippery so the snow didn't cling as much? Spray before going out - towel dry when back in - then cuddle.

chrisnpat
Explorer
Explorer
I sure would like to know if something would do that also. What a mess Cockers spaniels with lots of hair make..........
Christine and Patrick
Cocker Spaniels
Trevor and two Fosters Kahlua and Blossom
Life is What happens to you while your busy making plans.