cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping dogs

richardwise
Explorer
Explorer
I made the mistake of going in the MH today when I had both dogs outside. They immediately jumped in and I felt like the Grinch when I had to force them both out. Two pair of sad doggy eyes looking at me was almost more than I could bear. They love camping as much as we do.
7 REPLIES 7

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Anytime our cat saw us go out to the trailer, he was ready to go camping also. His mind would not accept that sometimes we had to make trips out packing or unpacking.
And when we were getting ready to leave a campground he would hide in the TT.

Jean_S
Explorer
Explorer
We used to have a Burnese Mtn Dog mix that was a great camping companion. He loved it and had impeccable camping manners, but he was a lot of "dog" in a small space. We lost him last spring. A couple months ago, hubby wandered into the SPCA and wandered back out with a part bichon/part meerkat ball of lightening that I'm not so sure about. The size is more managable, but there is nothing easy going or relaxing about him. He has no manners whatsoever and no intention of acquiring any. Frankly, I can see why he ended up at the shelter. He gets on my nerves, but hubby thinks he's the greatest thing on 4 legs, so I guess he is part of the family. He is 2 yrs old. Any chance of him calming down with time? If not he is going to spend a lot of time on Benedryl.

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
If I even touch the MH keys my lab and chug go running out the doggie door and beat me to the door of the MH. I can rattle any other keys and no response.
DW was getting some stuff out to use for Thanksgiving dinner and didn't realize the lab had gone in until some time later when she came up missing. After some thought DW went back out and there she was taking a nice nap on the bed with her head on my pillow.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Have similar problem with our dog.
Not with the 5vr as we FT and it's home but with the truck.
If I open the door and she gets in we ARE going for a ride.
She will not get out until then. Doesn't have to be far, just have to go, come back and then she will hop right out.
Otherwise.......
Years ago Mom and Dad had a GSD that was the same way. He would not get out of the car until he had his ride. Their cat was the same way he liked to go for a ride.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have similar problem with our dog.
Not with the 5vr as we FT and it's home but with the truck.
If I open the door and she gets in we ARE going for a ride.
She will not get out until then. Doesn't have to be far, just have to go, come back and then she will hop right out.
Otherwise.......
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Steve_S1
Explorer
Explorer
Why would you force them out? I would let them in and jump on the couch!
2010 Cougar 25RL

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
know the feeling, my two dogs wine all the way to the camp ground. I have stopped many times thinking they have to go to the bathroom. when we get there they do all this yelping and wining, they know why we are there.