cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something to smile about part 2

dturm
Didn't want to hijack Rita's thread, so here is another...

After we lost Jill, we got a call from the rescue that we got her from. Jan knew it was very close to our loss, but there was a situation.

Kaiya is a 5 1/2 year old Golden. She had been rescued once when she was about 1 year old and had been living with a great family. The previous parents were both doctors, the mom is a pediatric emergency room physician at St. Louis Children's hospital. They have a new 9 month old child and Kaiya was showing some aggression, only towards the one child, she was OK with the 3 year old.

With the mom's experiences in emergency pediatrics, dog bites are a major part of her daily life, so she was heartbroken, but they made the decision to rehome her.

She is a great dog, well trained and perfect in a household with no children - US.

Here is Kaiya - not the best picture, but one of the few times she's not moving.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV
18 REPLIES 18

dturm
The name thing is an issue. Everyone comes regardless of the name, I think the hard "K" is what they hear. I'm trying to call Kaiya - Kai and emphasize the Lee of Kaylee. Seems to be working.

Another issue, Kaiya REALLY love to chase tennis balls. She seriously outran my arm strength and endurance. I got a Chuckit (love this toy) as a tennis ball launcher and it really works.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for opening your hearts yet again, Doug. God bless you all.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Doug. And congratulations to Kaiya for picking a great home! 🙂

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
We're smiling too! 🙂 And looking forward to seeing the whole gang!

How are you handling the similar name situation?:@
Oh, and don't forget to update your sig. After all, Kaiya has to become "official". :W

(ON EDIT) Oops, I see you already did your sig!

:S

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L