Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really? Video Chat with your Pet???

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Saw this in a website :h
"Petchatz" wrote:
The built-in LCD screen allows your pet to see you and hear your voice. You can even dispense treats and calming scents for your pet to help make time away seem a little shorter.

Not sure I want to go that far. I did want a video cam to check the house and the cats at home but I didn't necessarily want to chat with them as they are lousy conversationalists.:R
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
5 REPLIES 5

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't have to worry about checking on my Collies they come with me. Darn good security system. As far as the house goes have a security system and insurance.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Three buried in the back of the property and two fur babies in the house. We adopt large breeds to protect our property and treat them as our kids but still in the end they are just dogs.

We can't bury in the back yard as it is illegal and we're in a suburban neighborhood. We treat ours as kids as well, but although your wording might sound harsh to some I understand your sentiment. However, before you go labeling someone as crazy because they purchase this item keep in mind many are not as fortunate as you and I-all they have is a pet. If this gives a person piece of mind then it's not up to me to judge them.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
When I was a kid, nobody paid money for a dog. They just showed up stray or somebody gave you a pup, as nobody spayed a dog, either. They ate whatever leftovers were tossed out in the (unfenced) yard and I don't remember a fat dog in our neighborhood. We never owned a dog until I was 18 and a gorgeous beagle appeared at our door, a Halloween prank as teens picked up dogs and dropped them off across town Nobody answered the "found dog" ad we placed so we had him into his 20's. Speegle was such a great dog.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
bertschb wrote:
Many people literally treat their pets as humans now so this doesn't surprise me at all. I still remember the days when a dog was actually a dog. When it died you were sad for a bit, buried it in the back yard and bought another one. To show you how much times have changed, watch the replies to my post 🙂

Three buried in the back of the property and two fur babies in the house. We adopt large breeds to protect our property and treat them as our kids but still in the end they are just dogs.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

bertschb
Explorer
Explorer
Many people literally treat their pets as humans now so this doesn't surprise me at all. I still remember the days when a dog was actually a dog. When it died you were sad for a bit, buried it in the back yard and bought another one. To show you how much times have changed, watch the replies to my post 🙂