Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

RVSnowbird
Explorer
Explorer
sue.t wrote:
I'm wondering if we should also have a sticky that lets us post obituaries & pics of our dearly departed pets? Maybe a "Rainbow Bridge" sticky? It would be sad and happy. It is very sad when a pet dies. And many of us tell the rest of the group when one of our pets does die. Telling others is one way to grieve. There have been a number of posts lately about dear pets that have died. And the stories are very difficult to read. And yes, our heart tugs with every tale.

A thread that would let us tell of our pet, and post a picture, would be a way to memorialize the RV pets that have travelled to the other side.
Simple ground rules.
1. Posts are limited to individual pet "obituaries" and no personal replies please as they will be deleted without explanation.

2. Pictures exceeding 640 pixels width or 480 pixels in height will be edited to comply within those dimensions.

if you have any questions, free to send me a private message

==========================================================================

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

The above in a Rainbow Bridge "flash" movie
have you checked out the new RV.net Blogs yet?

Deceased 2/28/08 RIP
243 REPLIES 243

JLTN_James
Explorer
Explorer
We lost Squirt, our fuzzy child of 14 years to cancer in March 2010. I got her in March of 1996 from Panhandle Humane Society in Scotsbluff, NE.
She loved camping; whether in a tent, pop-up, or FW.

In the last year and a half of her life, the old girl trained her protege:
2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 (V8, 4WD, TP, TRD)
2005 Fleetwod Allegance with axle flip
Honeywell 2000i Generator

Me, DW, DS, DD, & Chicken-Dog

Juggler
Explorer
Explorer
Our little girl, PeeWee. 1995-May 18, 2012.

eeaton1
Explorer
Explorer
Our beloved Vizsla, Cody, departed yesterday. A wonderful 8 1/2 years Doogie. Even though you hated traveling in the RV, here is a lasting picture during one of our last trips. We will miss you!

otis-agnes
Explorer
Explorer
Gone at the young age of 6. We miss you sweet Haylie girl. Agnes

Otis, Agnes and Penny & Twinkie (our rescue pups)
2018 Grey Wolf 23MK
2019 Ford F250

Alpenliter
Explorer
Explorer
It's been almost a year since we had to put Jazzy down, and there isn't a day I don't miss her. If I had a dime for every time someone asked what kind of dog she was, I could have retired early. She was like traveling with a rock star; everyone would come up to her and want to know about her. She would do her little "High 5" trick and further burrow her way into your heart. When she travelled in the car with me, more than once I would look over and someone would be taking her picture with their phone. We spent thousands trying to save her, but to no avail. So long little friend.

Jazzy with one of her "fans"!
My first Wife Linda, 45+years
2004 F-450 CC, DRW 6.0 Classy Chassis Upgrade
Bulletproof Diesel upgrades
1997 33' Alpenlite
400 Watts Solar
Lifetime Good Sam Member #39644174
Escapees SKP#89882

Vietnam Vet '67-'68

[

QuietWater
Explorer
Explorer
Our wonderful Wally passed away today from unknown causes. He just fell over and went into convulsions that lasted about half a minute and then died. He was a very loving pet and kept the yard free of mice and voles. He could be a pain at times as he would plop himself down on my computer keyboard anytime I wanted to work on the computer. He felt my pillow was placed there just for him. I will miss him.
Daniel Miller
1984 Holiday Rambler Imperial
1982 Tioga Arrow Class C

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am typing this with tears in my eyes. Marmaduke, my beloved St. Bernard, is gone. He died last night, apparantly in his sleep, in his favorite spot on the porch. Liz found him when she went to go jogging. ๐Ÿ˜ž
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

needsomefun
Explorer
Explorer

We lost our beautiful, happy, smiling boy Sam on Thanksgiving to an aggressive and mercifully short bout with Oral Melanoma Cancer at age Twelve.

I have had many canine companions over the years but none has touched my heart as much as this gentle soul...I remember when he was two years old he tracked me down working on the creek pump to show me the Tree Frog he had found.....which he deposited in my hand unscathed. He had carried it around three hundred yards.

He loved his plush toys and never tore a single one of them up.....in the last years of his life he particularly took to his hedgehogs and would not leave home without one. During one of our longer trips to town, while home alone, he posed four of them, two each placed together. Even after his surgery to remove the tumor before he would settle down in the car....he had to have his toy,

Thank You RV Net for allowing us these tributes to our lost friends....I think it somehow eases the heartache.

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
02-12-01 to 12-27-11
Today our beloved Beagle, Buddy, went to be at Rainbow Bridge where he could continue his chase of lizards and rabbits. Buddy had 3 great passions in life. #1 was food, he never met a morsel of food he didn't like. If anyone was eating he was setting right there in hopes of a bite. His 2nd passion was walks. Almost every morning him & I would head out for our walks around the neighborhood. Just a mention of a walk and he was waiting at the door for ya and his 3rd passion was going for a ride in the truck. He had his own place in the back seat so he could stick his head out the window. During the summer months Buddy would spend hours out in the back yard chasing the lizards. Buddy was diagnosed with Oral Melanoma Cancer on 10-13-11. He was put to rest 12-27-11. He was truly mans best friend. Have fun Buddy, you will truly be missed. Luv you.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

newk
Explorer
Explorer
Frack was the epitome of a cool cat. Anyone who knew him knew that. He had been orphaned when only a couple days old. My late wife and I raised him with an eye dropper, then with a doll's baby bottle. Maybe that's one reason he was so sociable.

I swear he could speak our language. When we'd hear him "scratching" at our bed or making some other kind of noises, Katy would call out in a melodic tone, "Ohhh Fraaaak", and he'd spring effortlessly and softly onto the bed and reply in a similar tone, "Yeaaaah?" And we'd both burst out laughing.

Even though he was declawed, he took no cr*p from anyone. Our old next door neighbor had a nasty Rottweiler -- so mean he once jumped halfway over our fence to take a nip at my neck when I was mowing the lawn. I didn't like him and neither did Frack. We once caught Frack reaching through that fence with both paws, slapping that Rottweiler silly. He had moxie!

He also remembered when someone picked on him. Just ask my grandkids. They could pull his tail and get away with it... for awhile. Then later he'd tackle them... or get their heads between his paws and slap -- or more accurately -- pound them like a boxer with left-right jabs!

Our old Yorkie, Katie, liked to lie in wait for Frack to come through the pet door from the garage and spring at him. Frack would "ignore" her for awhile and prance off like he had better things to do. Then later, after Katie was snuggled under our covers at night, Frack would pounce 6-8 feet through the air from the top of our dresser to that lump under the covers. Katie would come out snapping and yapping, but by the time she emerged Frack was nowhere to be found. He was one coolly calculating cat.

But most of all Frack was a loving family member. He'd get his 10 minutes of lovin when we first went to bed, then leave us alone until later when I'd roll over to go to sleep. It never failed, no matter when or how quietly I rolled over and no matter where he was in the house, within a minute he'd jump back on the bed with his face an inch in front of mine, and we'd play this little game of whose "paw" was on top of whose. I wanted mine on top of his to keep him away so his whiskers didn't tickle my face, but he wanted the upper hand. Always we'd compromise -- I'd have my hand on top of one paw, and his other paw would be on top of my hand. We'd both fall asleep that way. His purring was my white noise.

He wasn't there last night. I missed him. I opened my eyes once, shortly after rolling over, and thought I saw him, lying there staring at me. But it was only in my mind.

And I miss him now. He's supposed to be sprawled out on top of my monitor, paws blocking part of the screen, maybe swatting at the moving text. Or sitting on my lap purring. But he's not here. He's gone to be with his mother, his brother, and Katie. (I hope he doesn't torment Katie too much!)

Rest in peace Li'l Buddy. You'll always be in my heart.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II

Dear Cocoui, 28 September 2011

Yesterday Cocoui I made the most difficult decision of my life. Even though you may have not known, I was there when the doctor ended your pain. I had my hand on his when he helped you over the rainbow. The state may say the vet has to do it; but I did my best to make it as much of my reasonability to you as I could. I have a lock of your hair I will keep for as long as I am alive. I hope you donโ€™t mind that I cut a few strands of hair from your ears. I will keep it for as long as I live to help me remember you.

You passed from this world and the pain it was on you yesterday, September 27 at around 4:45 in the afternoon. It was a warm late September day, with the sun shining with big white clouds in the sky, not much different from the first day I saw you as a puppy back in June so many years ago.

I don't know how I can say thank you in a way you can understand. You were my ever present companion. You were born in Pittsburgh in late April over 14 years ago. You moved with me to Japan when you were only 10 weeks old. I always wondered if you barked in Japanese. Remember how the Japanese girls would flock around you when we went on walks in town. Iโ€™ll wonโ€™t forget how you would jump up on the pool table at my office and stick your head in the pockets trying to get at the pool balls.

I'm sorry about all the vet checks and when I had to put you in a kennel for a month when we moved to Australia in 2000. But you had so much fun for the two years we were down under. I won't forget when you first saw Kangaroos or when I snuck you into a hotel room when we went on a road trip. Everyone who every met you always said what a wonderful dog you were.

I'm sorry for the long plane ride from Australia to Virginia you had to make in a crate. I tried to get you in the plane cabin with me but they wouldn't let me. You kind of out grew the pet carryon bags available and couldnโ€™t fit under the seat in front of me.

We had so much fun in Virginia and I had some hard times that you were there to help me thru. You werenโ€™t very happy the day I brought Hanna home. Hanna is a good dog so please forgive me if you were less than happy at the idea of a second dog in the house. When we found Stella you took to her just like you did to me. You stopped following me around the house and were always a few steps behind her then. I didn't mind. You girls need to stick together.

I was heartbroken when your ears became so infected that you had to have surgery. I wish I could have done more then. When you went blind I was devastated but you seemed to take it all in stride. I can only image how difficult it was for you when your world become only what you could smell. Your nose was amazing. From the other side of the house you always knew, within minutes, when Stella or I opened a can of dog food.

These last couple of months you were so tired. It was so hard for you to get out of your bed and just watching you walk and how stiff you were hurt me so. I'm so sorry I couldn't help you more. I wish you could have come with Stella and me on our RV trips. You would have had so much fun. I know how much you enjoyed rides and going to new in different places.

I did something a little silly for you Coco-Bear. I hope you donโ€™t mind but I had a star named after you and I know you'll like this; it's in the constellation of Canis Major, also known as the Big Dog constellation. I canโ€™t see the star this time of year. I will have to wait to later in the winter when the star appears. Iโ€™ll find it and will always remember you every time I look at the winter stars in the sky.

Wait for me in heaven Cocoui. It may be a bit but Stella and I will be with you again and we can play fetch with golf balls all day long and never get tired. Introduce yourself to Spotty, Happy, Alfy, Daisy, Chichi and Chachi. Iโ€™m sure they can tell you stories about me from many years ago.

Youโ€™ll always be my special girl and youโ€™ll be in my heart and thoughts forever.

Dale

2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

deeje1
Explorer
Explorer
Just a short story about a dog named Cookie:
We rescued her as a Shepherd pup and raised her as a family member.She earned the nickname of Huntress as we de-varmintized the property.Gentle as well as rough. Many stories in seven years until she fell victim of painful and debilitating Dysplasia.She was on pain meds until the walking stopped. When we got to the vet's her last valiant act for us was to go in under her own power.
Her grave is under the Honey locusts southeast of the house.We will hunt again.
LTZ 6.2
Convince the young ones that you must work 6 days in order to rest 1.

justiceb
Explorer
Explorer
Terry lost her best buddy earlier this week. Skeeter had been her close friend and companion for 14 years. We got Skeeter as a 6 week old puppy so we knew him all of his life. Skeeter traveled everywhere with us all of our rv days. We are currently in Wyoming on a summer trip. We have had Skeeter cremeted and will return with his remains. He will always be with us and will meet Terry when she is ready to cross the rainbow bridge.
Jim & Terry Bullman
Traveling out of Dallas Texas
National Tradewinds

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Clawd went today and I miss him so badly already

We got him when SWMBO's brother died, in fact Clawd was why we stopped taking the other cats in the rig, Clawd simply didn't adjust

He as a cat, but a love-me-lump all the way
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer

Our dear sweet Zachery passed on June 18, 2011. Sweetest boy ever and will be, and is now profoundly missed.
RIP sweet boy.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001