Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

RVSnowbird
Explorer
Explorer
sue.t wrote:
I'm wondering if we should also have a sticky that lets us post obituaries & pics of our dearly departed pets? Maybe a "Rainbow Bridge" sticky? It would be sad and happy. It is very sad when a pet dies. And many of us tell the rest of the group when one of our pets does die. Telling others is one way to grieve. There have been a number of posts lately about dear pets that have died. And the stories are very difficult to read. And yes, our heart tugs with every tale.

A thread that would let us tell of our pet, and post a picture, would be a way to memorialize the RV pets that have travelled to the other side.
Simple ground rules.
1. Posts are limited to individual pet "obituaries" and no personal replies please as they will be deleted without explanation.

2. Pictures exceeding 640 pixels width or 480 pixels in height will be edited to comply within those dimensions.

if you have any questions, free to send me a private message

==========================================================================

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

The above in a Rainbow Bridge "flash" movie
have you checked out the new RV.net Blogs yet?

Deceased 2/28/08 RIP
243 REPLIES 243

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
What a beautiful and touching story of your Boo. I understand the problems of rescue dogs because we've had several. Thank you so much for taking Boo into your home and heart. Even though Boo didn't get over all the problems, Boo was changed forever by your love and compassion.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

87bob
Explorer
Explorer
Marcia & I have a sweet little Bichon named Molly for whom we wanted a companion. We had sceen so much in the news about getting a rescue we decided to go that route. we contacted a local rescue that had advertised that they had a Bichon they had rescued. When we went to pick him up the gal was very evasive about his health. Later we found out why. We later found out he was a puppy mill dog. Boo had many problems that we did not know about and symptoms. He had diminished sight in one eye. He had pica, that is where they will eat anything, yes that too. Oh and he had seizures also. Because he lived in a cage most of his life he would eat and roll in his own dirt. We worked with him and worked through many of his issues. The pica was one we knew nothing about. One day we noticed he was sick, rushed him to the Vet. An X-ray showed he had invested a wood screw and some gravel. The Vet said we could hope it would pass or do surgery. With his seizures she felt he was not a good candidate for surgery. We decided to try the waiting game three days later we had to put him down. I will never forget that day. I was holding him when he took his last breath and two years later I'm writing this through my tears. We have since flunked foster care 101 three times as we now have four pups. In addition to Molly we have Jiffy, Baxter and Jack. Boo is very much still with us in our hearts and still celebrate his short life and we hope we will see him when we cross that rainbow bridge. We were made richer because Boo was in our lives. God bless you little buddy!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Kevin and Cathy - I'm so sorry to hear over your beloved Guido. I can tell by your signature that you have given lots of love to those that needed you the most, or maybe you needed them. They give us lots of love and even though Guido is gone, there is no replacing him, just adding to that love and the memories. As you can tell by our signature, we too have loved many, lost many, and will continue to reach out for more.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

7happycampers
Explorer
Explorer
Today we lost our Guido aka "Little Man". He was a failed foster who captured our hearts and gave us more love in return out of that tiny little heart of his. I am going to miss that hot little body keeping us warm during those cold nights in the camper. I am going to miss you little Budbug.
Kevin

Jenny Our Angel Remembering Jenny
Abbie (Rescued Treeing Walker Coonhound)
Guido (Rescued Italian Greyhound)Remembering Guido
Kendall (Rescued Border Collie)
Piper (Rescued Border Collie)
My dog isn't spoiled..........He just smells that way.

TennesseeT
Explorer
Explorer
To all who have lost a furbaby to Rainbow Bridge...... You might need some tissues handy

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS AT RAINBOW BRIDGE

T'was the night before Christmas, at Rainbow Bridge too.
We Bridge kids were thinking as always of you.
We'd seen how the holidays weren't bright this year,
Heard you whisper so often, "I wish you were here!"

We know how you wish you could just stay in bed
And sleep through the holiday lying ahead,
When all celebrate with their loved ones so near...
Unless they have loved ones on this side this year.

But we're no less alive here, on the other side.
If you could just see us, you would've laughed and not cried.
The dogs all in harness, pulling the sleigh.
The cats all in Santa hats pointing the way.

The pet birds all flying back over the rainbow,
Bound homeward in spite of Earth's darkness and snow.
All the pets that you've lost, pets for whom you've cried,
Flying home on this Christmas to be by your side.

If you feel warm fur brush you when no pet's around,
Hear a soft bark or purr, just a ghost of a sound,
We're trying to tell you we're visiting this way,
And our visits, even rainbows, can be on any day.

But for Christmas we have something special to do,
A sleigh full of happy dream visits for you.
On doggy, on kitty, on winged friend and ferret!
The love that you lavished, we mean now to share it!

We're fetching that love home, the way we once played,
With the closeness we shared and the memories we made.
Our Earth lives with you were too short for us, too,
And on this Christmas Eve we have so much to do.

So all through this night as you sleep in your beds,
Sweet visions of fur babies dance in your heads.
This one special night we can bring you Home for a while,
Your true home in Heaven, where again you will smile.

Over the rainbow you'll fly, for a short while this night,
Hours that you'll be happy, hours that will feel right,
Hours to cuddle and hug us, to run and to play,
Before the return to Earth in our magic way.

And when you awaken and face Christmas Day,
We pray you'll remember your trip on our sleigh,
But in case you forget, just remember our love.
Remember us watching you, your angels above.

Sending love wrapped in rainbows, shining and bright,
Love that will guide you through the darkest night,
Love found in each memory unwrapped through the year,
Replacing dark sorrows with Christmas cheer.

Leave the toys to St. Nick, we Bridge kids bring dreams,
Sweet visits to remind you all is not as it seems
When you look all around you with tired Earthly eyes.
If you saw as we do, there'd be joy and surprise.

There are fur angels waiting by those Christmas trees,
Always there for you and hearing your pleas.
We're never more than a thought away from your home,
You're never forgotten, you're never alone.

Nor are we alone here, with our Rainbow Bridge friends.
We know only joy here, the celebrating never ends,
And after our reunions with you Christmas Eve,
We Bridge kids will party like you'd never believe.

But we'll slip away often to be by your side.
Sitting there watching you, eyes open wide,
Praying you'll be able to catch a glimpse of us, too.
But whether or not you see us - Merry Christmas to you!
TennesseeT

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry to hear of your loss Gary.

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
Dasher von Drachenlager, 6/11/1999 - 12/5/2012. Today he would have been 13 1/2 years old. Although it's only been a few days, I miss him terribly. I miss those big, wet, sloppy German Shepherd kisses, and the drinking water drooled all over the kitchen. I miss that big head and beautiful eyes waiting for pets, pats and praise. I miss those big ears and the "double head tilt" as only a GSD can do it. I miss his excitement over chasing the laser pen spot. I miss him shadowing me everywhere I went, spending every night in my bedroom, every moment I was home as close to me as possible. Most of all, I miss seeing him sprawled on the dashboard of my RV, watching out for me and looking like some huge, furry ornament. Farewell, Dash on the dash; I hope you find a nice place to lay and watch over me, and we will meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Decay wrote:
We lost our beloved Piper LaRue yesterday from a bout with cancer.
She will be dearly missed by her sister dog Sassy Moe, my dear wife and I. She was 12 years old and had about 60,000 miles on her, was a great travel companion. We are so glad we were able to get her to Assategue on the beach twice in the last month, which she truly loved.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Piper LaRue. Be assured that she is pain free now.

Decay
Explorer
Explorer
We lost our beloved Piper LaRue yesterday from a bout with cancer.
She will be dearly missed by her sister dog Sassy Moe, my dear wife and I. She was 12 years old and had about 60,000 miles on her, was a great travel companion. We are so glad we were able to get her to Assategue on the beach twice in the last month, which she truly loved.
07 Dodge Dually Diesel 4wd
05 3319 Raptor
02 Lance 1121 with 96 Tracker/toad
84 VW Westie
08 Polaris RZR
02 HD FLHT Standard
05 KLR 650
1 Wife
2 Hounds

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
newk wrote:
Frack was the epitome of a cool cat. Anyone who knew him knew that.

What a beautifully written tribute to Frack, you really captured his spirit so we can clearly "see" him, too. Lucky you, to have shared life with such a special friend. I know you miss him dearly.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
So very sorry for your beloved Roxy. You did the right thing by giving her back her dignity. She is running free now without back pain any other pain. God bless you for taking such good care of her and thinking of her in her time of greatest need even though it was the most difficult thing for you to do. We've had to do the same for three beloved pets. It never gets easier, just makes me love them even more.

luvdoggiez
Explorer
Explorer
This last week, our home said good bye to one of our loved members. Roxy, our Austrailian Shepherd needed to be put down. She was diagnosed 4 years ago with issues with her upper GI. Because of bad lungs, she wasn't considered a surgical candidate. So, for the last four years, we blended her food down. The doctors originally only gave Roxy about a month to live. That was 48 months ago. She then experienced back problems that prevented her from getting up. Being that she was left with no Quality of life and was in a great deal of pain, we decided the time had come.

Rest in Peace dearest Roxy, Rest in peace.
Fulltiming with two great Pit Bulls.
2003 Allegro Bus 40DP that we absolutely love! ๐Ÿ™‚
Our Blog

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
chezmoose - thank you! I'm so sorry for your loss too. What a beautiful picture of your two loved ones. Yes, they are waiting for us. Every morning we think of Paris. She slept between us - she sure liked to cuddle. And if we weren't up early enough for her, she would jump up on top of us all the while wagging her tail, to wake us.

chezmoose
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss, ReneeG. I know how difficult it is.

I lost my two old guys (both rescues) within 3 months of each other last year.

Bo (black dog) was approx. 15 and suffered complications of old age. Roo (blue merle) was approx. 14 and developed prostate cancer.

This pic exemplifies them waiting at the bridge for me (sad smile). It was taken at our favorite camping site.

DH, Me and 3 Australian Shepherds
2011 F150 EcoBoost Super Crew
"Elsa" - 2014 Skyline Eco Camp 19WQ
"Stella" - 1974 Starcraft Galaxy 6 PUP

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Today our sweet little girl, Paris, passed to the Rainbow Bridge at 4:20pm. She suffered the last two weeks from a painful neck injury that revealed four calcified vertebrae. As long as she was on muscle relaxers, pain medication, and NSAID, she was better, but not completely and when the medications wore off, she returned to severe pain. It was very difficult for us to make the decision because we knew we wouldn't have her with us, but for her we felt that letting her go was the best decision. She is at peace and pain free now.

Right now our little Maltese is looking for her but that will pass. As for our Lab, Maggie, she seems ok. We were blessed with having Paris who was a rescue 5 years ago from an animal hoarder in Oregon and now we are even more blessed to have our Missy and Maggie with us.