cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2007 Norcold 510.3 Problems

EricCO
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fired up the camper for the summer a couple months ago and ran into an issue where the fridge would not turn on at all.

Replaced the control board and the fridge turned on, but would not respond to power button on eyebrow board to shut off. The other two buttons worked to control temp and mode (DC/LP/AC).

Replaced DC power board, no change.

Replaced optical control board, no change.

Replace eyebrow board (buttons that control fridge), no change.

Any suggestions?
2002 Ford F-350 CC LB PSD 2007 Travel Lite 960rx Ultra 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS
6 REPLIES 6

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
To test for AC Ripple.......

An oscilloscope is best tool but you an idea of AC Ripple using a multimeter

Connect multimeter leads to DC contacts on fridge terminal block.
Measure DC Voltage..........But set multimeter to AC Voltage

12.00 volt power supply with a 1 volt AC voltage superimposed on it (a ripple), you would have 1/12 * 100 = 8.3% ripple.
Ideally AC Ripple should be less than 0.5 VAC

Higher AC Ripple.....capacitor(s) on converter DC output are failing
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

EricCO
Explorer II
Explorer II
One other thing. The brand new eyebrow board doesn't work at all. But the old one at least works with the limited functionality previously mentioned.

I'm also sporadically getting the A code even though I have it plugged in. If I unplug the eyebrow board from the optical board and then bring the power back on the A code might go away. If it doesn't, then I disconnect and reconnect the boards and then it works except for the power button.

Is this starting to sound like a convertor as previously mentioned?
2002 Ford F-350 CC LB PSD 2007 Travel Lite 960rx Ultra 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS

EricCO
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chris Bryant wrote:
I have the troubleshooting at http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/norcoldboard.pdf. Are you sure you got the correct boards?

Been using that trouble shooting document off your website from the beginning.

I did get exact matches on oe board part numbers so confident they are correct.

EricCO
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Did you plug optical ribbon back in correctly.......flat side to board/arrow showing?

Do you hold ON/OFF button until it responds....turns On or OFF?

Check DC Power for AC Ripple........if converter is supplying 'dirty dc' it can cause issues with fridge electronics

Yes

On/Off button doesn't work. Worked fine for the last 8 years.

No other electrical problems but not sure how to test for AC ripple. RV tech I hired that recommended buying the eyebrow board didn't mention the converter being broken either.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the troubleshooting at http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/norcoldboard.pdf. Are you sure you got the correct boards?
-- Chris Bryant

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you plug optical ribbon back in correctly.......flat side to board/arrow showing?

Do you hold ON/OFF button until it responds....turns On or OFF?

Check DC Power for AC Ripple........if converter is supplying 'dirty dc' it can cause issues with fridge electronics
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31