cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Freightliner speedometer not working

Taxman2004
Explorer
Explorer
We have only driven a few short trial trips we are packed and ready to drive 900 miles and the speedometer is not working. When we 1st started it wasn't registering the proper speed. It's currently at 51 whether we are moving driving 70 or 50. Local freightliner facility said schedule an apt. Any ideas on trouble shooting and fixing? 2014 Freightliner. Thanks for any assistance.
Jim McManus
8 REPLIES 8

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call Freightliner help line. Let them advise you.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

jandjbaums
Explorer
Explorer
Its not my rig so it doesnt matter to me, but I wouldnt do it.
  • 07 Toyota Tacoma double cab
  • 2011 Stellar 18cb TH

camperguy99
Explorer
Explorer
If shorting the battery cables together bothers you simply turn on the headlights or running lights?

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
jandjbaums wrote:
I wouldnt mess with it. Let the dealer fix it. They kinda know about things like that. Electronics is nothing to start touching wires together and seeing what happens.

Uh, he was suggesting that as a way to drain all of the residual power from the system and is harmless.

jandjbaums
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnt mess with it. Let the dealer fix it. They kinda know about things like that. Electronics is nothing to start touching wires together and seeing what happens.
  • 07 Toyota Tacoma double cab
  • 2011 Stellar 18cb TH

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Elecrtronic I assume. The fix for Gremlins has always been reboot the computer. IN MOST CASES (I AM NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR PARTICULAR VEHICLE) removing the battery cables from the battery and touching the POSITIVE CABLE to the NEGATIVE cable while DISCONNECTED REPEAT DISCONNECTED from the battery resets the computer (simplified term)
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
my 2012 healed itself
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
For a workaround your GPS will show speed.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman