cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A/C Fan

Encore
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Cummins 370 with the Sauer Danfuss (sp) hydraulic radiator fan switch. When the dash A/C is turned on, the radiator fan does not start, consequently the condenser overheats and a visible cloud of Freon escapes. Has anyone experienced this and what can be done to remedy this?
THANKS!
04 Safari Zanzibar - Last Year of a Great Coach
08 Outlook - Almost Last Year of a Great Toad
09 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - Just a Spare
1 Beautiful, Tolerant Co-Pilot and Great Wife
What Else Could I Possibility Want?

F207364
2 REPLIES 2

Encore
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Floyd for your thoughts.
Since my original post I talked to Monaco and was told that the fan will not run until the engine temp is elevated. They said that because of this configuration, I should not turn on the A/C during initial idle, and wait until I was underway so airflow would cool the condenser or the engine temp activates the fan. Sounds weird, especially since I have owned this coach 10 years since new and never noticed this problem.
Any other thoughts are welcome.
Rush
04 Safari Zanzibar - Last Year of a Great Coach
08 Outlook - Almost Last Year of a Great Toad
09 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - Just a Spare
1 Beautiful, Tolerant Co-Pilot and Great Wife
What Else Could I Possibility Want?

F207364

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I am unfamiliar with your setup ... but I always thought that in std car that the radiator fan started up when the air conditioner compressor was energized --- if your seeing clouds of Freon then chances are you don't have sufficient level of Freon for your compressor to engage. Just a thought.
Kevin