cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alternate Solar Panel Dimensions

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
New camper and there is limited space on the roof for solar.
I want 200 want total at least. 2 panes, one, four, does not matter so much.

I am looking for a long thin panel, flexible preferable. I cannot find.

Also, where is a good source other than Amazon? All the manufacturers seem to refer sales to a non-existent dealer, dealers charge double or triple prices.

I could squeeze a 39x18 inch panel in next to AC unit and another behind maybe.

Alternate is to get a big 250w panel and have it hang off the back, over the rear door, like an awning. Camper is fiberglass so I would use VHB tape and not drill holes. This is a TC and would be way higher than the trailer I tow so no clearance issues..
17 REPLIES 17

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
You can't find Unisolar panels because the company shut down in 2006.

There have been some cheap "knock off" flexible panels, but they have not fared too well as far as longevity goes.

My panels are the Unisolar US-64.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œflexible preferableโ€ Shorter warranty, cupping, nearlly impossible to remove, makes inside of RV warmer, cracking, less efficient due to heat...no space under panel. With tape and Dicor do not fear holes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always refer anyone/everyone to "Solar Blvd", they are located here in So. Calif and while I have never ordered from them, it is my go to place to browse. When I finally do go Solar, they are within driving distance for me to save on shipping. While I'd love the 24 volt Panels, their size and my roof don't mix so I'm generally looking at the 12 volt Panel options. Good Luck...
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)